AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fused terminals

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
gdebrue
4266 Views, 7 Replies

Fused terminals

My company uses a symbol for a fuse terminal that we made, is there a standard fused terminal block symbol. +

I need to know how to make a fused terminal block symbol that I can pull the wire numbers on both sides for a terminal list.

Any help would be great
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Gaituuth
in reply to: gdebrue

You can modify the symbol to a AutoCAD Electrical symbol with the Black box builder and define it as a terminal.

Or place the appriote attributes. You can open for example the symbol: VT1001(It's a terminal with wirenumber change) and copy the attributes to your symbol and save. Or place it under a icon with the Icon Menu Wizard.

Regards,

Gerald
Message 3 of 8
Patch61

You can take a look at the one I made.

-Steve
Message 4 of 8
gdebrue

Thanks for the help, But I'm trying to pull the wire numbers from both sides of the symbol and put that on a drawing or a excel file for tag printing. Is this posiable???
Message 5 of 8
Patch61

Project menu > Reports > Schematic Reports > Terminal Plan

-Steve
Message 6 of 8
dougmcalexander

I don't know if this is exactly what you are looking for but I will attach one of my scenarios. The wire number changes on both sides of the fuse as well. This is constructed by inserting three separate existing blocks that ship with ACADE and using a layer called JUMPERBAR to make the electrical connection, as it is done inside of the fuse block anyway. You can make a symbol to represent the entire assembly, as suggested previously, but since the fuse can be replaced separate from the terminal block I like having the fuse as a stand-alone item. Perhaps even include a MFG and CAT for ordering the replacement fuse. I use two terminal symbols but name both the same and only define the MFG and CAT o one symbol so it doesn't get listed as a double quantity on the BOM.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 7 of 8

@dougmcalexander 

How will this effect the panel diagram ?.Also,If I want I use terminal strip editor and want to show the connections left and right .In this case,it will read only the connections on the left and the right one will be ignored as it is an internal connection. But I would like it if it read the wire connection on the other side of the Fuse.

Message 8 of 8

I made a fused terminal schematic symbol by copying a terminal symbol, changing the graphics to look like a fused switch, and naming the block HT1006.  The footprint was made by copying an existing terminal block footprint and changing the graphics as necessary, to look like the fused terminal block.  The attributes named WIRENOL (left) and WIRENOR (right) will be filled in with wiring data by the Terminal Strip Editor, or by the Wire Annotation utility, on the Panel menu tab.  I prefer to make the Internal/Internal assignments via the Terminal Strip Editor. 

Hint: Don't get too hung up on the Internal and External labels in the TSE interface.  Just consider it as left or right, when moving a wire from one side of the terminal to the other.  Internal or External is a matter of perspective.  A terminal strip in the bottom of the panel, might use the right (bottom) of the terminal for external wires to connect, while a terminal strip in the top of the panel might expect external wires to enter from the top (left), assuming you rotated the strip 90 degrees, so the terminals snap to a horizontal DIN rail.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost