AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

full use autocad electrical

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
chiab_gigi
920 Views, 17 Replies

full use autocad electrical

Hi, my name is gigi
 use autocad electrical 2013, but I'm not satisfied I can not
 make the most of the program
 there are no guides to learn

I pray you can a comprehensive and practical guide to learn how to use the program?
also can you tell me where to find the guides or examples to take advantage between autocad and office/excel?
grazie

ciao

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

There are tutorials and videos built into the software. Also check the AutoCAD Electrical WiKi. The Import/Export menu tab includes the export To and import From Spreadsheet utilities. You can export certain or all attribute values for external editing via Excel or Access. Excel is recommended. Be sure to keep the cells formatted as text before you run the Import From Spreadsheet update. There is a macro exported with the attribute values.The macro can convert cells to text in case you manipulate some cells with numbers and they change to numbers. Note: Numbers must be ASCII characters when returned to AutoCAD Electrical. If the cells with numbers contain a green arrow they are ASCII and safe for import back into AutoCAD Electrical.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 18

I do not want to offend, but what you have written is useless

are useless as other videos, also a society  as Autodesk did not bother to spread the appropriate instructions on the product

there are valid explanations to fully utilize the product, but please note that I like others do not have neither time nor availability 'to pseudocorsi on something that apparently you can not use

now return to the question ........ there is a comprehensive guide book to make the product? in which languages?
best regards
Message 4 of 18
algerj
in reply to: chiab_gigi

Well I think I can speak on behalf of most of the experts on this site.

It's NOT an easy product to learn, but the help files, tutorials, videos, and people on the forums; all of which help people learn the product.

There are books, but If you want a guide take a course!! If you don't have time, MAKE TIME!

You have to devote time to learning the product or you will get nowhere!

Its like you just bought a pool and thought you could swim so you jump in and sink...

first you have to learn, then you can do it, otherwise you'll just drown. 

There are many Official Autodesk Resellers that offer training and provide the Courseware. 

I work for a reseller and take offense to you slamming the product because your too lazy to learn it.

AND You just tore a Strip of Doug Who tried to help you; saying his information was useless!?!?

I think you need to take a step back, calm down and apologize to Doug.

If you keep the attitude that is Clearly shown in your two messages you won't get any help.

I don't know what country you are from but if you treat other with respect you will get respect back.

If you treat people like you treated Doug, your going to have more people angry at you then you can handle.

I for one am not impressed with what you said... but I'm still willing to help.

If your looking for courseware, I suggest Ascent (its not free, you have to buy it)

(http://www.ascented.com/courseware-solutions/autodesk/courseware/autocad-electrical.aspx)

It covers the basics, and some intermediate stuff.

Regards,

James

Message 5 of 18
ricardo_baez
in reply to: algerj

I concur with James!! Regarding Doug's answers to your questions, I think he did an excellent job in answering them!! chiab_gigi, read your post again and you will see that your questions were indeed answered. People such as Doug and James and many others take time from their work to help us out!! The least one can do is thank them!!! Not bash them!!!

Ricardo

Message 6 of 18
chiab_gigi

I apologize to Doug, Algerj, and other ......

I meant to say that there is only a guide, or tutorial paper in the original language of the product

videos or other are not approsimativi and gives some idea of the work to be done, that the Italian version

best regard

ciao

gigi

Message 7 of 18
chiab_gigi

Ricardo

I do not doubt the experience of Doug,  Algerj and your, but then again maybe you have in your country, there are no facilities here. The videos, and more basically of no use if you do not believe me and downloaded an Italian version and see

ciao

ps remember I'm not angry and I will not disrespect, but I say things that are true

Message 8 of 18
ricardo_baez

Gigi,

I understand that maybe you have limited access in your country, but you have to search for a reseller that may have training. I learned the software on my own by reading the user guide when it was available as a pdf and by reading the user posts on this forum. I also bought a book on AutoCAD Electrical a few years ago. Wish you good luck in finding learning material.

Ricardo
Message 9 of 18
chiab_gigi
in reply to: ricardo_baez

Ricardo, thank you for your kindness and for all. You still have a chance 'to pass me the guide in pdf?. if you or others have the chance 'to direct me to books on electrical I would be grateful

best regards

ciao

gigi

Message 10 of 18
ricardo_baez

Gigi,

The link below is to Autocad Electrical Help.

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACAD_E/2013/ENU/files/homepage.htm

The following link is to Autocad Electrical Learning Resources.

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACAD_E/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesAcadE_WhatsNew/GUID-93E22E78-9291-43C8-...

The following link is to Autodesk Wikihelp for Autocad Electrical 2013.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/AutoCAD_Electrical/enu/2013

The following link is to Autocad Electrical 2012 User Guide in PDF format.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40026710/ACAD_Elec_2012_UserGuide.pdf

Hope this helps you.

Ricardo

Message 11 of 18
chiab_gigi

grazie Ricardo, grazie

ciao

many tanks Ricardo

ciao

Message 12 of 18
chiab_gigi

grazie Ricardo

tank you very much

ciao

Message 13 of 18
ricardo_baez

You are welcome.

Hope that you are able to find this information useful.

Ricardo

Message 14 of 18
johnq

Hi Folks

It was clear ot me that GIGI's first languge is not English.  I think some of you should have over looked the words and looked at his sediment.

It is not an easy program to learn.   I had to leave the first employer where I had some traininig, as Autocad sales over sold the value of the enclosed symbols.  Management did not/want to understand the complexity of the program and expected me to be fully productive from day one.

I had to leave due to stress.

I have had to teach my self ACE due to my current employers style and it has been a struggle. but this company did not seem to mind the time it took.   As an example, It took me over a week to learn to generate a border with the automatic update.   A briliant feature.

May be I am dumb. But I have had considerable help from this forum.

Can we start with a clean sheet of paper for GIGI?  Even with time learning this package can be frustrating.  At least basic training is essential.  

I found the tutorials difficult to understand.  The ACE names of features when typed into the help system come back with useless information.   It is only now as i am getting to know the produce that some of the ACE help is useful.

Dougs web site does have some good info whick was helpful for me.  Doug is in the US and I am in Australia so I do not have any gain from recomending his web site.

Cheers johnq

Message 15 of 18
chiab_gigi
in reply to: johnq

@johnq
 @thanks everyone
 John put a cornerstone, to learn basic examples, tips or other are essential and basic to learn and deepen
 If there was a section with examples, many will help
 in the section, for example messie solutions to questions of the forum, then if the user wants to comment specifically on the soluction

is a better idea, but valid
 Hi

Message 16 of 18
chiab_gigi

the language is not a problem, there is a translator, but even without a vista one can understand
 a friend of mine says ' among friends there is always to learn. Thank you! ' exact

Message 17 of 18
algerj

On that note,

To find you a solution, I logged a case with Autodesk to find out why there isn't documentation in other languages on the main site. They used to have the 2008 user guide in several languges on the site. (I believe Italian was one of the Languages.)

I'm guessing you used google translate to post on the forum. Which would explain the tone that seemed to come through the posts.  

I do understand the frustation that anyone can go through finding some of the solutions. 

I hope that you contiune to ask questions on here, and I hope that our answers are not lost in translation!

I'll let you know what I find out, and if i get access to the Translated material I'll post it (or a link).

Regards,

James Alger

Message 18 of 18
chiab_gigi

@AlgerJ

yes google and IM Translator

my english is bad

I'm glad you've figured out
 is frustrating to know that you have a capital but does not use it to full
 I hope that forum users document their experiences in order to promote all
 Hi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost