AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From/To Report LOC1 and LOC2

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jmterlap
488 Views, 3 Replies

From/To Report LOC1 and LOC2

I'm trying to understand how AutoCAD electrical determines the LOC1 and LOC2 fields for the From/To Report.  Attached is the schematic representation of my circuit and the corresponding From/To Report.  Note that Cable 720611 connects a device from LOC CFFOS to CFFCE and has four conductors.  One conductor has LOC1 as CFFOS and the other three have LOC1 as CFFCE.  I can manually swap them in the report, but that only helps short term. 

Any help is appreciated.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JMARSHALL1249
in reply to: jmterlap

Have you tried using the 'Edit wire Sequence' command found under Wires / Wire Miscellaneous.  It allows you to modify a wire connection sequence.If there is only one connection then the 'From' position should be moved to sequence 001, and 'To' would be at sequence 002.

The wire From / To report would reflect this sequence.

I hope this helps.

Message 3 of 4
dougmcalexander

LOC1 is the location code of the from component and LOC2 is the location code for the to component.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 4
jalger

Hi Jmterlap,

The Order in which the Locations are selected also plays a huge role in the Report.

Lets say you have 4 locations:

Main panel

Jbox1

Opsta

Floor

If you select Floor( on the left Side) to Jbox1 (on the right side), then the Locations for Loc1 Should be pulled from the "Floor" side of the Component

and the Loc2 would be Jbox 1.  Main panel and Opsta would not show up.

If you select Floor & Jbox1 (on the left) to Floor & Jbox1 (on the right) it will mix and match them based on the order they were created in the Drawings.(not necessarly the order they appear). Again Main Panel and Opsta will not show up.

Here is a Real life Example from ACADE (Machine to MCAB5)

ACADE - Wire To From _1.png

ACADE - Wire To From _2.png

I hope this Helps,

Regards,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost