AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form-C "Child" Contacts

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
DBrohm
389 Views, 0 Replies

Form-C "Child" Contacts

Good Day to you all;

Recently I created a version of Control Relay “Child” contacts in the format of Form-C following the AutoCAD Elect. structure of HCR23, and HCR23R.  From my readings, of posts within this forum, it would seem that the majority of, if not all, Form-C contact arrangements are fairly compressed ie.: the NO and the NC contacts are very close to each other.  As an example in our drawing structure we use a ladder spacing of 1”, I create a Form-C contact arrangement  that has no more than 1/2”, vertical for a horizontal insertion, between the NO and NC contacts then everything works as expected.  The NO –xref and the NC-xref both reference the “correct" line number.  But if I create a 1” version, example attached, then the NO –xref and the NC-xref’s don’t work “correctly” as the xref is based upon insertion point, as it should be, and supposedly both the NO and the NC contact are on the same line which in reality they are not.   As far as I can tell everything is working the way it should and as such not a problem.  Where my “issue” arises is that I have occasional need to have the 1” spacing, and short of creating a “Circuit”, which does the job, I can’t get the Form-C, with the NCNO contact attribute, arrangement to properly show the xref’s.  The down side to the “Circuit” approach is that I am having to edit two different blocks, not a huge issue but, if I could get the “NCNO Contact attribute” Form-C version to work with a 1” spacing it would be simpler for my designers.  Am I missing anything? Has anyone else tried this and made it work somehow or is the “circuit” approach the best option and I should call it a day as it were?  Please note I've indicated the insert point on my attched block with a small green cross.

Thoughts and, or, suggestions are welcome.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost