AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Footprint database location

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mewescott
4484 Views, 2 Replies

Footprint database location

How do I determine which Footprint lookup database is active.  I have been adding components to the database both in my office and at home.  We have a network install so I assume the database is being shared.  But when I go home is must default to some other offline database.  Some of the components that I edited in the database at home are no longer available in my office.  Is there any way to keep them syncronized? 

I have also seen today that a couple of components that I added to the database were getting the footprints from my local folder.  I am not sure why?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mewescott

So, if I understand you correctly...

How do I determine which Footprint lookup database is active - Go to Options in AutoCAD Electrical, In Options> Files tab (First tab)  and write the new path to it. But don't forget to remove (better make archive) base from

• Windows XP:C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\My Documents\Acade {version}\AeData\Catalogs\
  • Windows 7: C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Acade {version}\AeData\Catalogs\

And from other folders:

AutoCAD Electrical search sequence
1st choice -- <project>_footprint_lookup.mdb in the subdirectory of the project

2nd choice -- footprint_lookup.mdb in the subdirectory of the project

3rd choice -- footprint_lookup.mdb in user subdirectory

4th choice -- footprint_lookup.mdb in panel subdirectory

5th choice -- AutoCAD search paths (you change this)

Maybe the only solution is to copy the base for homework and then return it to a shared folder.

Message 3 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: mewescott

In the project manager, right-click the active project, and select Settings...

In the dialog that pops up, scroll down to Panel footprint lookup mdb file and you'll find the active database.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost