AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Footprint Database Editor takes forever to open AB table

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
dougmcalexander
4190 Views, 7 Replies

Footprint Database Editor takes forever to open AB table

Hi Autodesk!  This has been an issue in previous releases and I reported it during the beta testing phase of release 2013.  I received a notification that you verified the issue but I guess it was not corrected.

Go to the Footprint Database File Editor and click to Edit Exiting Table.  Select AB.  Go to lunch... Perhaps when you return the table will be open for editing, or perhaps your session of Electrical will have frozen and is no longer responding (see attached screen image).

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hello Doug,        

Thanks for raising this issue again, as you mentioned, we already know this issue, and the issue is still in our issue system.

Actually, ACE does not hangs up, it is a performance issue for ACE for now, it will take about 2 minutes to open the AB table, as for AB, there are more than  170,000 records, we need long time to load all the records in the table for now.

We are still researching about how to improve for this performance issue.        

Thanks,     

Robin Shou     

Quality Assurance     

AutoCAD Electrical     

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8

Is it also supposed to be that slow when you edit each record.  In between each new entry I add it takes at least a minute to reopen after i hit OK.  I am still using ACE 2012.

Message 4 of 8
mewescott
in reply to: dougmcalexander

I would like to make a suggestion.  Break up the AB database into component databases.  For example AB - CB for the circuit breakers or AB-TRMS for terminals.  This would make for a lot faster access time.

Message 5 of 8
it
Observer

Just started using Autocad Electrical 2013..... this issue really bites.

Please don't forget to fix this issue!  🙂   Until then, can u provide notes/instructions on how to update the Dataabse (footprint_lookup.mdb) directly via MS Access 2010 (it appears to open up and edit quickly in there)?

Thinking too.... can I delete records from there (via MS Access 2010) that I know we won't be using for some time to come?

Message 6 of 8
dougmcalexander
in reply to: it

Editing with MS Access directly is the easiest way to do it.  But for customers who don't have Access it must be done via the Footprint Database File Editor.  And for those customers it really needs to be solved.  But I myself prefer editing from Access.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 7 of 8
robbm2k

regarding the quesiton about deleting records, it seems previously that deleting unnecessary records thru Access (and doing mass amounts at a time) would help speed up the load time in ACADE, though i haven't much chance as yet to test with 2013 and that being the case...

Message 8 of 8
dougmcalexander
in reply to: robbm2k

It is always better when you need to delete a large number of records at once to use MS Access.  But this is pertaining to the Footprint Lookup database, which needs to contain all pertinent records.

Doug McAlexander

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost