AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floating wire numbers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
391 Views, 4 Replies

Floating wire numbers

We are experiencing issues with floating wire numbers.  In some cases, we have been able to identify actions that have been taken that we think may be contributing to this issue, however, we are not etnirely certain that we are on teh right track or that we have identified all of the issues.

In short, what caused floating wire numbers?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
leeholl
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you using the ACADE tools for "scooting" wires, or the AutoCAD move command? The software has intelligent tools that keep everything in sync, while allowing the flexibility to use the underlying core AutoCAD tools. 

Providing more details on the situation may help narrow down the recommendations.

Regards,

Lee

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: leeholl

I had, originally, thought that the issue came strictly from using standard ACAD commands, such as move.  I will offer that I am prone to using commands such as fillet, and grabbing wire ends to stretch wires.  There are instances in these drawings where symbols have been rotated and/or mirrored - yechhh!

With all of that, I ran into a conversation within our office that indicated this phenomena had been noted before and was not uncommon.  I am, basically, looking to see if there is something else that we should be looking for.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 5
leeholl

There is a lot of intelligence built into the ACADE commands that can greatly increase you productivity and inhance the accuracy of your design. The new command search with AutoCAD Electrical 2014 makes finding the right command much easier for those of us that are used to the command line. Take this video I just shot that is leveraging the scoot command to move a component. Reduces many AutoCAD commands down to one.

Regards,

Lee

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Kc8akw

Using ANY Regular AutoCAD Command will cause Anomalies. Wire number floaters Generally appear when you make a change to the wire that not with an AutoCAD Electrical Command.

If you "stretch" the wire using the Grips make sure you use the "Stretch Wire" command to resolve issues and heal the damage you caused by using a Non- ACADE Command.

Fillets cause a break in the wire (It was never intended to keep track of curved wires.)

If you use Move, Copy, Rotate or Mirror you will break connections to the Database.

move and copy can usually be fixed... Rotate and mirroring cannot be "healed" properly... just delete the component. (using "Delete component" of course)

AutoCAD Electrical has built in options for "Flip and Reverse" which should allow you to match what you are trying to do with Mirror and rotate.  (look for it in the same dropdown as align and scoot)

I hope this helps,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost