AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Active Contributor
cpetzol2
Message 1 of 1 (179 Views)

Floating Wire Numbers (ReVisited)

179 Views, 0 Replies
08-19-2010 07:34 AM

A while back I posted about floating wire numbers (and wire number copies) popping up all over my drawings.

This may only apply to AutoCAD-E 2010. I believe I have attributed a major number of my floaters to 'hide wire number' operations.

-When hiding a wire number, and then trimming the segment the number used to be on, all wire copies become floaters.

-When hiding a wire number, and then attempting to move the number using the ~AEWIREMOVE, when you 'unhide' the number, it will be floating.

These are a few reasons that I THINK are causing floaters. I did not run these in different cases to see if I am right. I just happened to catch the floaters right after they were created, and these were the operations leading right up to the floater.

Have not tried new Acads, nor have I updated in a while. May have been addressed already, but Im pretty sure hidden wire numbers have a few bugs/glitches in them.

Chad P

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.