AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Active Contributor
shiney
Message 1 of 3 (191 Views)

Find/Edit/Replace Crashes

191 Views, 2 Replies
03-12-2010 04:34 PM
Using Find/Edit/Replace crashes AutoCAD whenever I uses the "Replace All" button.

Replacing instances individually works fine.

I'm running ACADE 2010 SP1 on Win 7 x64.

Any suggestions (other than repair/reinstall)?
*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 2 of 3 (191 Views)

Re: Find/Edit/Replace Crashes

03-23-2010 07:48 PM in reply to: shiney
Hopefully someone from Autodesk can address this. I ran the 64-bit version of AcadE 2009 just fine, but Vista crashed during a training, which I was conducting. It turned aout to be an incompatibility of 64-bit Vista and the HP laptop it came on. I abandoned HP and Vista it and went back to trusty Win XP Pro on an IBM Thinkpad. I have had no problems since. I've have never had an issue with F/E/R in any version though. But this 64-bit technology is still going through the debug stages. I don't trust it yet for my important work. Perhaps someone at Autodesk can help you out with regard to Win 7.
Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
Distinguished Contributor
iomaxx
Message 3 of 3 (85 Views)

Re: Find/Edit/Replace Crashes

04-03-2013 02:19 PM in reply to: dougmcalexander

did anyone hear if this was something that is a local setting/compatibility issue? I'm running ACADE2013 with Windows 7 64bit and am getting a crash from it as well every single time...

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.