AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File "0.dwg" is inaccessible

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
CAD-ICE
1124 Views, 8 Replies

File "0.dwg" is inaccessible

Hi there,

I have some issues with my external references between parent relay symbols and child symbols. For some reason the external reference does not show up at the parent symbol. I have tried everything but without luck. I get a message from the project database service that file "0.dwg" is inaccessible but I have no idea what that´s referring to?? (see attached image)

I´m using ACADE2012 and I have already deleted the scratchdatabase and did a full rebuild of the database but I´m still having this problem.

Any thought´s appreciated.

Regards, Gary

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dougmcalexander
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Post a couple of drawings that illustrate this issue.  There is no known bug related to this in the software to my knowledge. 

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 9
CAD-ICE
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Hello Dough and thank´s for offering your help on this one.

I found out that somehow the parent/child relationship was lost and that seemed to cause the problem. By deleting both symbols and inserting new instead I got thing´s back to normal. Do you know of an easier workaround in order to reestablish the relationsship again?

Thank´s again.

Regards, Gary

Message 4 of 9
dougmcalexander

Did you try a Refresh/Rebuild?  Or better still, exit Electrical and delete the projectname.mdb file located in the User subfolder.  Ex.  C:\Users\Doug McAlexander\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2013\R19.0\enu\Support\User

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 5 of 9
CAD-ICE

yes I tried first the full rebuild and then deleted the projectname.mdb file but that didnt solve the issue??

So I went the hard way deleting both symbols and reinserted them again. Strangely if I just deleted the parent coil and inserted a new parent, the new parent did show simultaniously a reference to a the child but seemed to have missed out that the child is a form C contact but did only show the child´s NO contact in the XREF ?? Strange behaviour to say the least!

Thank´s again for your support.

Regards, Gary

Message 6 of 9
dougmcalexander

Did you run the Cross-reference Update?

Doug McAlexander

Message 7 of 9
CAD-ICE

Yes I did several times but the relay´s in question never showed up with the cross reference to the child contacts. If I inserted a new relay and hooked it up with a child contact, it worked perfectly.

Regards, Gary

Message 8 of 9
rhesusminus

If you stumble into this later on, try this also;

Use the "Hide/Unhide Cross-referencing"...

ShowHideXref.PNG

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 9 of 9
KOBI1912

HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM (XREF TO 0.DWG ) TRIED ALL LISTED SALUTION

NOTHING HELP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost