AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File not found

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Vulcan1970
1051 Views, 3 Replies

File not found

Hello,

I am recieving an error when i try and add a footprint to the databse.

On my panel layout, i have created a footprint and wblocked the file to the network. I Then go to Panel> Icon Menu>Push Button> PB > Catalog Lookup> " I switch to DV table where i have a generic part stored>Select Generic Part> I am now inside the Footprint menu with Choice A,B, and C> In Choice C i choose 2) add entry to Misc> I then Choose Pick> I select the block and i then recive the AutoCad Message "File not found: ......" and the list of all support files

The file is located in F:\Library\AutoDesk2013\AutoCAD Electrical\AE ELECTRICAL\Libs\Panel\AB\TRMS-TERMINAL BLOCKS

If i move the file up one level, AE will find the file and work properly. 

I have tried the following fixes and they have not worked

1) move Libs folder into AeData folder. Change .env to the following

WD_PNL,%WD_DIR%/Libs/Panel, panel layout symbol library base folder

also added the path to the support file search path

2) added the path to the env file under MISC alternate support path

Im not sure why, but it seems as if AE will not search in sub-folders when performing this action. Any help would be greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mathalekar
in reply to: Vulcan1970

Please try to add necessary reference folders to AutoCAD options > Support File Search path options and see if it helps to resolve this issue.  Seems like you have custom library locations which might not be included in the support search paths. If this doesnt resolve your problem, please let us know how you have configured your catalog / Lib etc in working environment on my email id mayuresh.athalekar@autodesk.com

AutoCad Options dialog box

Message 3 of 4

Be sure your project properties panel library path is set to F drive up to the panel folder. That is more important than the WD.env setting. I assume you have added your part to the footprint lookup database. There was no specific mention of that in your message. Hint: If you installed the original libraries to your local drive, the %WD_DIR% will not be your F drive. You will need to put the full path instead of the shortcut %WD_DIR%.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 4

Thank You for the reponses,

I believe that i have everything setup as doug has stated

If i add the subfolder that the file is located in to the support path, then it will work.

I currently have the folder that contains the multiple subfolders as my path

Should AE be able to find the file if it is in a subfolder of the folder that is in the support path?

Or do i have to add each subfolder to my support file path?

If i do this, is there a limit on the number of support file search paths?

Here is my Folder layout

Panel

AB

CB

LT

MS

NP

OL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost