AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field name justification when creating reports

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
CAD-ICE
1014 Views, 9 Replies

Field name justification when creating reports

Hi there,

when creating reports in ACADE 2013 (SP1) I use a format file that I have created. I use the setting "Middle Left" for field name justification. This is fine except that the field name is to my opinion to close to the field border as shown on the attached image. Is there a method to control this distance?

Thank´s and regards, Gary

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
johnq
in reply to: CAD-ICE

G"day

I am still on ACE2012 si Ihope it applies to '13.

My solution is to us the middle centre format.     The middle left puts the fieldas yo have found.

The appearence looks like it is centered not left justifered and you seem to want.

For me it is the best comprimise.

Cheers  John QUigley

Message 3 of 10
CAD-ICE
in reply to: johnq

Hello John,

thank´s for your comment but the middle center format is not doing it for me (see attached image). The fields look ok as long as they have the same length but when the length is different it´s not nice.

I would like to allign the fields middle left but the fields are with this setting crushed to the left border and I was hoping that I could find a setting where the space from the border is adjusted.

Thank´s again and regards,

Gary

Message 4 of 10
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Gary,

this distance is controlled by the table style margins. When AutoCAD Electrical inserts a report as a table it creates a new table style based on the Standard table style in your drawing. So if you set the Standard table style to have appropriate margins for your text size, when AutoCAD Electrical creates its table styles for reports the margin should be OK. To change the table style for existing tables use the TABLESTYLE command to modify the existing margins. AutoCAD Electrical creates table styles with names like ACE_*.

I would suggest changing the Standard table style on your drawing templates to have appropriate margins so any drawings created from those templates are correct to start with and you don't have to fix the AutoCAD Electrical table styles after the tables are created.

Hope this helps,

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 10
johnq
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Hello Pat

i have tried your suggestion to chabge the format of  tables.

Is it applicable to the Bill of materials?

I can change the format  using TABLESTYLE but I cant see the relationship to taht change when I generate the BOM.

I am on ACE2012.

Cheers  John Quigley

Message 6 of 10
PatMurnen_Adsk

John Quigley,

yes this applies to any report table AcadE inserts. When the report is placed as a table, AcadE checks to see if an ACE_TABLE* style exists. (The "*" part depends on the border options selected in the Table Generation Setup dialog.). If the table style does not exist it copies the Standard tablestyle and creates the ACE_TABLE_* style. Some of the style settings are overridden by the values in the Table Generation Setup dialog but the margins are not. So the margins used on the table are those from the table style.

So, if the table is already inserted and the ACE_TABLE_* style exists then use TABLESTYLE to modify the ACE_TABLE_* style's margins. If the ACE_TABLE_* styles have not been created yet then modify the margins on the Standard table style.

I tried in AcadE 2012 both of these methods, i.e. changing the Standard table style before the table is inserted and changing the ACE_TABLE_* style after the table is inserted. In both cases the margins were as I set.

If this does not work for you can you post a drawing and I can look at it.

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 10
Icemanau

I found that if I changed a table style and wanted to apply it to a table already inserted, I had to click the Make Current button on the table style dialog before exiting. After that, I have to select the table and in the properties flyout, swap the style from the current one to an alternative and then back to actually have the table use the new style.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: Icemanau

Brad,

I just check the table style being used for the table in Properties, then modify that table using TABLESTYLE then as soon as I close the dialog the table updates with the changes. This is for the margins. As I said some of the table style settings AcadE overrides so even updating the table style won't update the table. You would have to remove the table overrides to see them. To remove all overrides you can right click a table and select Remove all Property Overrides.

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 10
johnq

Hi Folks

This has been an informative thread.  Thankyou.

I woudl like to know if the font in the XREF table generated by the cross referencing can be chamnged.

I know how to change the font in the block / attribute using symbol builder.

I have a font in the tables at the moment where alpha "O" looks and printes like a square.

Since the start of this thread I have been looking at al the configs suggested and have learnt much about this section of ACE, but I can't sort this one out.

Any suggestions   Thanks

Sending a drawing is not an option to me due to company pollicy.

Cheers  John Q

Message 10 of 10
PatMurnen_Adsk

John,

text fonts are controlled by the text style. The text style in a table object is defined with the TABLESTYLE command. So you can change the font for the text style used by the table (but remember this text style may be used in other places). Or you can change the text style assigned to the table style assigning a style that has a font you like. Or you can create a new text style (STYLE command), assign a font to it, then assign this text style to your table style.

Hope this helps,

Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost