AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting Item Numbers in use taking a long time to finish

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
testsubject
853 Views, 1 Reply

Extracting Item Numbers in use taking a long time to finish

I am having a wierd problem that is got me puzzled.

This does not happen to all of my drawings just some of them. I have tried opening using both ACE 2013 and 2014 and it happens with both programs. I tried this with a different computer running ACE 2012 and it works fine.

Running ACE 2013 and 2014 with Windows 7 64.

It I attempt to do Edit Component, the program freezes for +30 second with the following display:

Command:  _.ZOOM Specify corner of window, enter a scale factor (nX or nXP), or [All/Center/Dynamic/Extents/Previous/Scale/Window/Object] <real time>: 1X

Command: _.ZOOM Specify corner of window, enter a scale factor (nX or nXP), or [All/Center/Dynamic/Extents/Previous/Scale/Window/Object] <real time>: _PREV

Command:Extracting item numbers in use . . .

After 30 seconds, the Edit Dialog box appears and I am able to edit the item. If I attempt to edit the item again, the dialog box appears immediately. If I close the file, reopen it, and attempt to edit the item again, it takes over +30 seconds for the Edit Component Dialog box to appear. This does not happen with every drawing in my project, just this one and others that were created as copies of this one. I ran an an Audit and  recovery but there were no errors.

This on really is bugging me because it is slowing me way down...

I would appreciate any input.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
testsubject
in reply to: testsubject

After more experimention, I just went ahead and copied the ladders and pasted into a new drawing and the problem went away.

Not the best solution because I do not know what caused it but I only had 8 drawings that were affected so it was the quickest.

Really stange problem....

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost