AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploded blocks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DML_99
261 Views, 3 Replies

Exploded blocks.

Hello All,

I am new to ACADE and my company has an outside drafting contract to do.  We believe we have all the necessary data to set up their project but I have run into a couple of issues while setting up the project.

First, every single block they provided us is in an exploded format.  Everything is there, at least I think so.  All the attributes seem to be there, but we have no graphical representation to refer to.  Is there any way to insert these .dwg into electrical and have them be blocks; without using symbol builder.  There are approx 200 blocks and we do not have the time to do that.

Is this normal?  I think they should have provided the actual blocks already built.

Second; a bit off subject but how do I add their catalog to the project?  I am a bit perplexed. 

I am using ACADE 2010.

I greatly appreciate any help!

Cheers!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: DML_99

If they supplied all the blocks as seperate dwgs, then everything is correct.

As you insert the dwgs they come in as an assembled block.

ACAD and ACADE blocks are saved as small dwgs. This allows people to modify them without having to explode and remake the block. The only difference between ACAD and ACADE is that ACADE stores a lot of extra information about the components used in attributes. This then allows a lot of extra functions which ACAD does not have as standard.

If however, they are all on the one dwg, then you will need to go throuogh and select all the entities for one block and then type wblock. Then it's just a matter of following the prompts from the dialog box.

You will have to do this for each individual block.

I would advise you to seek some sort of training in both basic ACAD as well as ACADE.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
DML_99

I appreciate the advisement on the training.  I have been doing the ACADE training.  I believe I was not clear on my question.

I have never had an issue inserting blocks.  I will do some more research and check other forums.

They are coming in as blocks yet the attributes are still showing.

I, as well as my boss, are confused by the behavior we see.

I will re-post if I can find a better way to explain it.

Thanks,

Dawn

Message 4 of 4
DML_99

I apparently just needed some sleep. 

I got it today.  🙂

Thanks again for the help.

Dawn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost