AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel to AutoCAD, what is the best way?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
brybur
495 Views, 1 Reply

Excel to AutoCAD, what is the best way?

I've seen lots of old messages about this but none dealing with getting an Excel data into AutoCAD recently.  I did see there are several 3rd party add-ins out there to accomplish this, but it seems that this is something that should be built in by now.   I'm running into issues with the copy\paste and it seems lots of folks seem to have issues with OLE.  I'd like to hear how others are doing this.

I'm trying to get a BOM on the drawing from Excel.  I've tried copying and pasting and it works but the scaling (OLESCALE) doesn't..  It accepts the new text size, but doesn't always adjust the table.  It works a couple of time after a restart, then it won't anymore.  Any one else experience this?

AutoCAD Electrical 2013, Win 7 Pro 64bit, Excel 2010...

Thanks!

Bryan

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
apjones
in reply to: brybur

Bryan, Look into using an AutoCAD table with a data link.  We us this in our office and it works pretty well, although there are still a few pitfalls.  We have a table specifically set for link tables. 

I really dislike using OLE, due to the fact that it behaves so erratically.  The plot size of the OLE object depends on the current computers screen resolution! (Yes, I have tested this because it bit me once.)

Hope this helps.

Pete

Pete

>Please Accept as Solution and give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost