AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

European Standards

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tahir.mavric
5327 Views, 6 Replies

European Standards

Hi all,

I started to use AutoCAD Electrical 2012. But i can't find European Standards. I have read to another discussions where saying that IEC is also European Standard but the elements (symbols) are not the same as what I need.

In AutoCAD ECSCAD 2012 elements (symbols) are the same as what I need. AutoCAD ECSCAD 2012 used also IEC Symbol Library.

How can i get this standard in AutoCAD Electrical 2012?

example: Fuse_Switches

In AutoCAD ECSCAD 2012  -  Fuse Switches

ECSCAD - Fuse_Switches.jpg

In AutoCAD Electrical 2012   -  Fuse Switches

Electrical - Fuse_Switches.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Tahir

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
e.bekker
in reply to: tahir.mavric

Hi Tahir,

It all depends on project or drawing settings and takes a lot typing to answer it here.

My advise is to use ACAD help:

Just type: "Switch JIC and IEC standards"

Regards,

Ed

Message 3 of 7
Josdc

According to my documentation on the 60617 IEC standard, the Autocad Electrical representation is the correct one. About automatically converting your ECSCAD symbols to Autocad Electrical symbols: have no idea on how to do that.

Jos

Message 4 of 7
Icemanau
in reply to: Josdc

The Australian standard (based on the IEC) has the ESCAD block as a THERMAL OVERLOAD contact and not a Fuse switch.

The ACADE symbol is what we use for a FUSE SWITCH.

Try doing a Google search for the IEC standards to get an idea of what the appropriate standards are.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7

ECSCAD is incorrect in accordance with IEC60617. The symbols you depict from ECSCAD is a thermal contact and not a fuse switch. You can download a copy of the IEC60617 standards from the IEC store but they are expensive. A previous reply suggested typing into Google and this can often give you the correct symbol but be careful.

Message 6 of 7
brstilson

I believe the upper symbol is not a fuse but a circuit breaker with a thermal trip.

Message 7 of 7
Icemanau
in reply to: brstilson

The upper symbol is definitely a contact with a thermal operation. A breaker has a cross where the contact comes down....

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost