AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

mtennie
Message 1 of 3 (204 Views)

Error: malformed string on input

204 Views, 2 Replies
01-11-2013 08:41 AM

I created a project and transferred the project fold to a different computer which I have done before and nothing happen but today AutoCAD Electrical is giving me an error. It says error malformed string on input and it doesn't let me draw any wires or do anything autocad electrical related. I can draw a normal line fine but can't draw a wire or insert a symbol. Just wondering what that error means and how to fix it. Also I have done autocad electrical drawings on this computer before in a trial version and we just got the licenses for it and installed it and now its not working for some reason.

Valued Contributor
lionSG
Message 2 of 3 (185 Views)

Re: Error: malformed string on input

01-13-2013 05:32 PM in reply to: mtennie

I think there is a similar topic on this error at this link below.

Maybe you can take a look and try the solution provided there.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical/Error-malformed-string-on-input/td-p/3130330

Distinguished Contributor
acade2012
Message 3 of 3 (158 Views)

Re: Error: malformed string on input

01-17-2013 06:11 AM in reply to: lionSG

I had your exact issue plus some others and here is an answer i found to work for me.

Did you try to delete the lastproj.fil in your roaming support user folder if you using Win7?

Maybe it got corrupted due to random crash or error in ACE.

Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical {version}\{release}\{country code}\Support\User\

Windows 7: \Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical {version}\{release}\{country code}\Support\User\

hope this helps

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.