AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: malformed string on input

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
GregFisher
7788 Views, 11 Replies

Error: malformed string on input

I am receiving this error in release 2012 and it is causing two issues but I don’t know if they are related. The first issue is when I open AutoCAD Electrical there is no project list. Any projects I had opened from the previous session are no longer there. I also receive the error when I try to access any command from my ribbons. I have checked to see if the lastproj.fil exists and it does. I am using windows 7 as the operating system. Any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi GregFisher,

Firstly thanks for your report. and we need more information about this error to investigate, for example, does it have reproducible steps ? when does this error throws ? after do some special operations or during Autocad Electrical initialize ?

For the first issue, can you open demo projects manually ? For the second issue, can you try to call command MENU in command line and reload acade.cuix file then check if this error still exists or not ?  From your obversation i suppose there is error during Autocad Electrical initialization, maybe some files are not loaded, so you can also reboot your machine and relauch Autocad Electrical for double check. Another suggestion is you can repair Autocad Electrical via Control Panel > Select Autocad Electrical 2012 > Uninstall > Repair or Reinstall > click Repair button .

Hope it can helps a bit !

Regards,

Kevin Li

SQA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 12
anthonyadams
in reply to: GregFisher

I don't recall "malformed string on input error", but I have the same problem with the Projects list being empty.

This never happened on 2010 or 2011. Just ACADE 2012. Repairing WILL NOT WORK! You have to completely remove

all AutoDesk products -Including manually wiping all references from the registry- Delete directories. Everything.

Then reinstall. (plan on several hours).

After reinstalling, you will find out, like I did, that the error (empty projects list) will return.

Message 4 of 12
rhesusminus

Hi.

Just wanted to say that I had the same problem last week.

My computer crashed while working in AcadE, and after a reboot AcadE just wouldn't work. Tried both repair and reinstall without luck.

I hade to do an actual uninstall/install to get it to work again.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 12

Had this same issue.  Deleted all text from lastproj.fil (in user folder).  Then it worked.  You will have to re-open all of your projects that you had open. If your project's Description fields contain a double quote " symbol, the problem may return. Removing any such symbols will keep the error away.

Message 6 of 12
controlsgirl

Did anyone else find any other solution? This is happening to me after I installed RSLogix5000. I can't find the lastproj.fil file. I did a search. 

Message 7 of 12
j.lee.allen

This started for me yesterday with ACADE 2013 SP1. I cannot use any commands from the ribbon, and I am in the middle of a project scheduled for delivery to the client this week. I have some last minute additions and changes to wiring diagrams, and it is making things difficult. Tried to do a repair to ACADE but the problem still exists. I have been using the software for several months without problems.

Message 8 of 12
oharadi

I am using ACADE 2013. I had a similar issue and was wondering if there has been any solution since the thread just ends. If I attempt to use any tools from the toolbar I receive the error malformed string on input. My project list was blanked but I can open projects and re-populate. I have re-started the program and the computer. I haven't gone any farther since none of the other replies give a solid solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Going to try the repair program option.

Message 9 of 12
lionSG
in reply to: oharadi

Have you try to reset your <<ACADE>> profile in the options? Just remember to backup your existing profile in case.

Then type CUILOAD to see if your ELECTRICAL is loaded.

IF not then browse to "acade.cuix" and load it again.

Message 10 of 12
oharadi
in reply to: lionSG

Thanks for the quick reply. Last night i deleted my lastproj.fil and restarted the system. My projects list still needed to be re-populated but the error generated when using the toolbars was fixed.

Message 11 of 12

worked me...  thanks

Message 12 of 12

Hello All,

We have found the problem for this issue in AutoCAD Electrical now.

It is because the double quotation in the project description. Please check the following video about the issue, as shown in the video, remove the double quotation in the project description will resolve this problem.

http://autode.sk/20SQXis

We have put this issue in our issue system, will consider to fix it in the future.

Thanks,
Robin Shou
Senior Quality Assurance 
AutoCAD Electrical
Autodesk, Inc.

Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/AutoCADElectrical

Blog Page : http://autodesk.typepad.com/systemsdesign/

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_6ApchKwjN-0Wh8PzIjA_O0P6HRazOwH

AutoCAD Electrical App: https://itunes.apple.com/app/autocad-electrical/id736763190

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost