AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

environmental file location

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
520 Views, 2 Replies

environmental file location

when I go to project setting, it shows "AUTOCAD ELECTRICAL ENVIRONMENTAL SETTING FILE" path:
is there a way to change that path and copy env file to some other location. so that everytime Autocad Electrical look for environmental file in that particular folder.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

AcadE always knows to look in the AeData folder for the wd.env file. If you want to share files over a network you can move the AeData folder to the network, including the wd.env file. Go to each computer with AcadE installed and edit the Support File Search Path under Options to look at your network path. Add this path to the top of the Support File Search Path. Now everyone will share the same catalog, project files, PLC data, and even the wd.env settings.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
jlr573
in reply to: Anonymous

Doug,
I'm wanting to share my databases across our network. I've set up my support file path like you explained but I'm still not able to access the file on the network.

Please help,

Jesse

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost