AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entrelec terminal footprints are upside down when inserted at 90 degrees

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dougmcalexander
3405 Views, 4 Replies

Entrelec terminal footprints are upside down when inserted at 90 degrees

Just FYI for anyone using Entrelec terminal blocks.  The footprints that are included with AutoCAD Electrical are rotated 180 degress in the wrong direction.  When you insert at a 90 degree angle for a horizontal DIN rail, you will notice that the screwdriver slot for removing the terminal is on the top.  Try inserting an M4-6 and you will see what I mean.  Even the End Stop is upside down.  I edited the Entrelec blocks I use and rotated them so they look correct now.  But there are many more to do.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello Doug,

It is something that you are talking about which is already there and observed now ? Will investigate the case. However rotate feature during panel footprint doesnt help ? Just a query !

Message 3 of 5

Hi Mayuresh,

The Entrelec blocks have been rotated incorrectly ever since they were added. The content developers received the drawings from Entrelec and when they rotated then horizontally so they wold work with TSE, they rotated them the wrong direction.  They are all upside down.  I have open the blocks I use and rotated them so they look correct, but it really should be fixed. I use these blocks for training and everywhere I go I have to replace the customer's block so their strips look correct.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 4 of 5

I shall have a look at it and take appropriate action. Thanks for reporting.

Message 5 of 5

Thanks so much!

Doug McAlexander

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost