AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS NOT WORKING!

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mzielins
1632 Views, 3 Replies

ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS NOT WORKING!

I am relativly new to AutoCAD Electrical but I am having troubles with my schematic components.

When I click on the insert icon button nothing happens, this is the same with inserting a wire or even using the arrows to move to the next project drawings. The other odd thing is that my previous opened projects on the left hand side of my screen are all blank.

I am not sure how this happened, but it seems that the electrical aspect of my program has been currupted.

Has anyone else ever had this problem before? How would I go about solving it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AcadE2014
in reply to: mzielins

Not sure why none of you icon buttons do not work but I have had the issue of the projects in the project manager going blank

There is a file called LASTPROJ.FIL. In that file the last number in each line tells the project manager whether to show it in the project manager or not. 2 = active project 1 = include in project manager tree and a 0 = do not show.

I have had the numbers change from time to time where they all change to 0. You can simply add them back in or change the LASTPROJ.FIL file to 0,1 or 2 to reflect what you want. You can also delete this file and when you close ACAD it will recreate the file to reflect what is currently in the project manager tree.

Also make sure that the location of the LASTPROJ.FIL file is in the support file search path.

Hope this helps

Dennis

Message 3 of 4
mzielins
in reply to: AcadE2014

Yes, I was able to find the LASTPROG file and delete it.

My program returned back to its original state. The project browser now keeps projects open and I am able to navigate between pages.

All of my electrical icon components returned as well.

Do we know why CAD gets currupted like this?

For future reference I would like to know, in hopes to avoid any operator error.

Thanks For your Help!

Message 4 of 4
AcadE2014
in reply to: mzielins

I have the issue of it corrupting that file once every month or so with both ACADE2012 and ACADE2014. I have had this same issue at 2 different companies, both stored this file on the network.

I was told by our local reseller that it's getting corrupted as its saving to the network.

Glad it work for you!!

Dennis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost