AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical British standards

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
philiphk
869 Views, 1 Reply

Electrical British standards

Can anyone tell me how to get British Standards for my Electrical Autocad 2016 (Students Version)

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: philiphk

Hi!  The British helped form the International Electrotechnical Commission, so you should use one of the IEC libraries that is available in AutoCAD Electrical.  The IEC Lagacy library uses one-letter codes for a device ID.  The library named IEC60617 uses the optional 2-letter codes from IEC81346-2.  As of April 1, 2006 the British wire colors of Red for L1, Yellow for L2, and Blue for L3 were replaced by the  IEC standard of Brown, Black, and Gray.  So, if you seek to certify your equipment with a CE mark, you should follow such directives as EN60204-1 and EN954-1 pertaining to the safety of the electrical portion of the design.  Use IEC61082 as a guide for the appearance of the drawings, and use one of the IEC symbol libraries for the component symbols.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost