AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical block for residual current circuit breaker

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
asigo
7877 Views, 4 Replies

Electrical block for residual current circuit breaker

Hi,

Where can I find an AutoCAD Electrical block for a residual current circuit  breaker (such as Schneider RCCB 23382)? Couldn't find it in the Insert Component menu.

Thanks,

asigo

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Matt116
in reply to: asigo

You may have make your own.

This example is based on ACADE 2011 and creating a new component for a schematic not a foot print although you could probably apply the same basic idea.

I would take a 3pole CB and and a 2nd circuit breaker 1pole then use the link command and link it to the 3pole.  From there open the  Symbol builder.  Use the Select objects and grab the CB you just created when done hit OK it will then open the symbol builder and block editor adjust attributes as necessary close block editor. Now open the Icon Menu Wizard pick Schematic > Add > Component > the rest is up to you.  You will still have to add this to entry to the Catalog Data.

There may be other ways to do this but it sure beats starting from scratch

Message 3 of 5
asigo
in reply to: Matt116

Thanks for the quick reply Samson.

I will follow your guidance.

I was hoping to find an IEC standard component for this. I wander why such a common item is missing from the lists.

Message 4 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: wztongou

Here are the current IEC Schematic symbols.

159075i27045303877DE85D.png

210327iD1D5E78E56CF4002.png

It is possible to load the block file for one of the included IEC symbols and modify it to match the symbols shown in the pics.

Just remember to save the block dwg using a different name that still fits the naming convention of ACADE.

Also note that you will have to do two versions, the Horizontal and the Vertical.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
jkianpourYTR69
in reply to: asigo

Here I'm sharing my RCCB block. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost