AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Audit Issues

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cjpeach2000
456 Views, 3 Replies

Electrical Audit Issues

Hi,

I dont think there is a way to do it having searched the forum but i'll ask the question anyway!

When running and electrical audit i get hundreds of "errors" for duplicate terminal numbers, our company uses the same terminal number as the wire number going to it and hence you could have numerous terminals all on the same wire.

Obviously this isnt an error. Is there a way to create an exception which the audit will read/use so it doesnt see these duplications as errors? this also goes for compnents with no connections as we dont always use all of the pin connections.

Also is it normal for the audit to take about 10 mins to run on a project that has got about 150 pages?

cheers in advance

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: cjpeach2000

I've noticed (2008 version) that the electrical audit will mark multiple wire numbers when in fact it is picking up the duplicate wire number block as well as the original wire number..

As well as the other exceptions mentioned, these duplicate wire numbers needs to be excluded otherwise it is easy to miss an actual duplicate (especially if the live checking is turned of in a prior project in the session).

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 4
Gaituuth
in reply to: Icemanau

I have a Terminal Audit Filter (default.wdn) which filters out my terminals which I don't want to have in a list.

For example PE and N terminals are filtered out.

you can search in the help file on wdn for more information

Message 4 of 4
cjpeach2000
in reply to: cjpeach2000

Gaituuth

cheers for that. Its brought down the error total considerably! still takes a good 10 mins to run though.

pity there isnt anything for the pin connections. that said it wouldnt show up a "real" error then!

cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost