AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Audit detects (Invisible) unconnected wires

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
renzval
761 Views, 8 Replies

Electrical Audit detects (Invisible) unconnected wires

Hi,

I have this issue when trying Electrical Audit it shows a list of unconnected wires error mesage. But if you go to that error message there is nothing shown and it seems it is an invisible entity.  Can someone knows how to correct these errors? Also I have the same issue too with the duplicate (invisible) component tag.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Icemanau
in reply to: renzval

Have you checked for frozen or turned of layers?

Duplicate wires and blocks could be there.

Try running a purge, then a project update to remove any unused blocks.

Run the Drawing Audit from the report menu. This will clean up zero length wires, hidden wire numbers and other similar problems.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
renzval

Yep, layers are all turned On. Ran the Drawing EDit and purge multiple times and the error still the same. I wander how am I goin to select and delete them if they are invisible.

Message 4 of 9
Tee.Dee

When you say there is nothing there do you mean it is in blank space or that the wires "look" connected?

In the second case check that there are no connections on the symbol that are not being used as in the case of 3 phase motor symbols where you may only show the 3 phases there is also a connection on the bottom of the symbol that when not used will bring up the no connection error.

Message 5 of 9
Tee.Dee
in reply to: Tee.Dee

Another thing to check is that there isnt a connection point hanging way off the side of the symbol somewhere.  You may have to open up each of the symbols used in the drawing with the symbol builder to check or make a copy of the drawing and explode everything and see if you can find a rogue connection point somewhere.

Message 6 of 9
satrah101

Hello all, are these function in the free version get paid version soon. but cannot find these functions in free version. (Draw edit and purge)

Thanks in advance.

Message 7 of 9
jseefdrumr
in reply to: satrah101

PURGE is a basic ACAD command. Type it at the command line to use it.

For the other, go to your REPORTS tab, then click on SCHEMATIC. The audit tool is under there.

Hope this helps,

Jim

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 8 of 9
satrah101
in reply to: jseefdrumr

sorry but still can not find it. is it possible to give me a link to the eagle 8.1 manual please. i have found it but did not save the file. 😞 . i have found 4.1 and 5 but not 8.1.

Thank in advance .

Message 9 of 9
rhesusminus
in reply to: satrah101

This forum is for AutoCAD ELECTRICAL (a program for creating electrical schematics), not Eagle (a program for creating PCB layouts).

Try asking for help in this forum instead:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/eagle-forum/bd-p/3500

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost