AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical 2015, Batch Plot to PDF, Monochrome

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
shades234
5426 Views, 16 Replies

Electrical 2015, Batch Plot to PDF, Monochrome

Hi All

I recently upgraded from 2013 to 2015 and i'm tyring to get it "set up" just like my 13 version.

I'm noticing now that when i do a batch plot, selecting "publish to pdf" I get greyscale lines for some colors.  I want to print it in monochrome (any line should be black).  I have the page style for the drawings set to our office printer and defaulted to monochrome.ctb

but when i publish, i still get "grey lines"

can someone help?

thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Dag_Henrik
in reply to: shades234

Hello.

What color are selected for the layer that those lines who comes out as grey are on?

If you select colours for a layer that is not a Index Color, i.e. a True Color, that color is plottet with color even though you have selected monocrome...

Message 3 of 17
shades234
in reply to: Dag_Henrik

it looks like it's just the text, the more i look at a set of drawings. and not all text. so i'm still confused.
Message 4 of 17
Dag_Henrik

What color is selected for the layer that the text is on then?

Message 5 of 17
shades234
in reply to: Dag_Henrik

Some are White, some are red.. some are shades of blue/green/ etc.
Message 6 of 17
mcronin

For 2015 they have added another font mapping file. It is acade.fmp. This file maps certain fonts to true type font for publishing to pdf. I have autocad ignore some of the fonts listed by preceeding them with * and now my publish works fine. The file is located in the user appdata folder(C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2015\R20.0\enu\Support\acade.fmp) I have attached a copy of my file showing the fonts I have omitted.

Message 7 of 17
Dag_Henrik
in reply to: mcronin

Ah, ok.

Was not aware of that...

But for the future as well shades234, If you chose a True Color for a layer that Color will be plottet even though you set up for monocrome.

You can easy check if a color is of True Color in the layer propeties by looking at the color code. See attachment. 

Message 8 of 17
shades234

Thanks
That's what did it for me!
Message 9 of 17
rhesusminus

Just wanted to point out that the font mapping is there for a reason.

The PDF will only be  (text) searchable if you've been using true type fonts when creating it. Thats what the font mapping file do, make sure you use true type fonts.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 10 of 17
shades234
in reply to: rhesusminus

That's fine.  we don't PDF search the drawings for text. so having that option disable will not cause any problems.  the darker text lines are more important for the shop guys to see.

thanks for pointing out what the font mapping function does.  I can see it being helpful in the future, but at this point, it isn't.

Message 11 of 17
rcsystems

Hi,

I am having the same issue. 

I have set all of my layers to white, this is how I work anyway. 

I use monochrome.ctb

If I just plot to PDF using (Acde - DWG To PDF.pc3) my drawing prints black but if I publish then everything is light grey.

Please help.

Message 12 of 17
jxl3678
in reply to: rcsystems

We are also having the same problem.

Message 13 of 17
ranmavol

About colors, is recommended to use true colors or index colors?
And what is the best option to use, ctb or stb?

The reason is that my final customer needs the as-built drawings in monochrome state

Thanks in advance, Randolf
Tags (1)
Message 14 of 17
Cole64
in reply to: ranmavol

Ive just installed ACADE2016 and the same thing is happening. I have run 3 tests all using the same plot setup on Monochrome:

1. Batch plot  = Text is grey

2. Batch plot and comment out TTF's in ACADE.fmp = Text is black

3. Plot single drawing = Text is black

Strange that it only occurs in Batch.

Message 15 of 17
Icemanau
in reply to: Cole64

2015 and 1026 both have incorporated hyperlinks into the PDF prints.

If you batch plot a project, any ACAD shp fonts get replaced with TTF fonts. This allows the hyperlinks to work on items like the XREF's in the PDF's.

It is the TTF's that are not printing as black but it only affects some of the TTF's.

To fix, you will need to experiment and find a TTF that prints as black instead of grey and either use that TTF in your dwgs or set it in your Font Substitution file.

You can also turn off the text substitution as one of the options in the batch print dialog.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 16 of 17
mats.strand65

IF you want to use this new feature to make your drawings searchable, is there any way to use a index color and the text actually being readable on the pdf print? When you use index colors the text is almost invisible.

EDIT: Just see that this was replied to

Isn't there are known setting to change? I can't find a setting in the batch tool to turn off the text substitution?

This is the acade.fmp file where I at the moment have disable this:.

Most of my info are given as text, so I assume i should change the TXT_____.TTF to something else, any suggsestions?

cibt;CITYB___.TTF
cobt;COUNB___.TTF
*complex;complex_.ttf
eur;EURR____.TTF
euro;EURRO___.TTF
*iso8;SIMPLEX_.TTF
*isocp;isocp___.ttf
*isocp2;isocp2__.ttf
*italic;ITALIC__.TTF
*monotxt;MONOTXT_.TTF
par;PANROMAN.TTF
rom;ROMANTIC.TTF
*romans;ROMANS__.TTF
romb;ROMAB___.TTF
romi;ROMAI___.TTF
sas;SANSS___.TTF
sasb;SANSSB__.TTF
sasbo;SANSSBO_.TTF
saso;SANSSO__.TTF
*simplex;SIMPLEX_.TTF
suf;SUPEF___.TTF
te;TECHNIC_.TTF
teb;TECHB___.TTF
tel;TECHL___.TTF
*txt;TXT_____.TTF

Message 17 of 17
mbaileywork
in reply to: mats.strand65

There is a setting to turn off the true type fonts when publishing, type in "AEPDFFONTALT" in AutoCAD Electrical and change to "OFF". This will effectively do the same thing as modifying the ACADE.fmp, as shown above.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost