AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical 2014 license type in Product Design suite ultimate

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
huanggy
594 Views, 5 Replies

Electrical 2014 license type in Product Design suite ultimate

Hi, Dear All,

We have PDSU and AutoCAD electrical 2014 network license in same license server. if we just install PDSU package, can the Electrical of PDSU get the license of ACE 2014, or it's only can get PDSU license?

or We shouldn't install electrical 2014 of PDSU, just install ACE 2014 standard?

Thanks for any input.

Gengyun

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
algerj
in reply to: huanggy

Hi Gengyun,

Did you request them separately or at the same time?

If both licenses are in the same Lic file they should be configured to "Cascade" already. (if they were request at the same time... if you manually merged them in Notepad it likely won't say CASCADE in the lic file.)

If not you can request a new license that does cascade.

I would call in for that.

I hope this helps,

James Alger 

Message 3 of 6
huanggy
in reply to: algerj

Thanks, James.

We have AutoCAD Electrical 2014 and PDSU 2014 license on a same server. so how about the following situation:

1. We install PDSU 2014 with Electrical 2014 boundle. so if we start Electrical 2014, which license should it get from? AutoCAD Electrical license or PSDU license?

2. We install PDSU 2014 without Electrical 2014, then install Electrical 2014 package. if we start the Electrical 2014, which license does it get? Electrical 2014 or PDSU?

Thanks for your reply.

Gengyun

Message 4 of 6
algerj

Hi Gengyun,

I have copied your questions below and put my answer in BLUE. 

1. We install PDSU 2014 with Electrical 2014 bundle. So if we start Electrical 2014, which license should it get from? AutoCAD Electrical license or PSDU license?

If the License is configured for cascading then it pulls in the lowest required License.

In this case if you Start AutoCAD Electrical it would grab the ACADE license, however if you started with one of the other PrDSU Products, like inventor or showcase you would consume the PrDSU License.

If you start ACADE then start Inventor you actually consume two licenses (one ACADE, one PrDSU), until you shutdown ACADE. Then it would make use of the PrDSU License from Inventor. (keep in mind it takes a few minutes for the license to re-enter the Lic Pool, so you can't borrow it again immediately) 

2. We install PDSU 2014 without Electrical 2014, then install Electrical 2014 package. if we start the Electrical 2014, which license does it get? Electrical 2014 or PDSU?

In this case it can ONLY consume the ACADE license.

The PrDSU license cannot be used on the individual product.

If you had Inventor or Showcase seats that were on there own not part of the Suite they would follow the same rules, which means if they are installed separately the Suite cannot provide the license to them.  

The best thing to do is install form the highest required package. If you had a range of Suites Standard , Premium , and ultimate. You would Install the highest package that a user would require.

Lets say you had  8 people on your design team, and you had 2 of each license for Product Design Suite 

(2 Standard, 2 Premium, 2 Ultimate)

of the 8;

2 Require Navisworks Manage and Inventor Pro (no ACADE)

1 Requires ACADE and Inventor PRO

3 Require ACADE

2 Require Inventor (base)

Then you would install the following on their Computers:

For the 2 that require Navisworks, and Inventor Pro, Install Ultimate License.

For the 1 that requires ACADE and Inventor PRO, Install Premium or *Ultimate License.

*Ultimate depends on if they need Alias or Navisworks

For the 3 that require ACADE, Install Premium License.

For the 2 that requires Inventor (base), Install the Standard License.

I hope this helps,

James Alger

Message 5 of 6
huanggy
in reply to: algerj

James.

It's so clear! I got it.

Thanks a lot!

Gengyun 

Message 6 of 6
algerj

No Problem,

Glad I could help.

James Alger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost