AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical 2012 wire numbers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
570 Views, 4 Replies

Electrical 2012 wire numbers

How do you get your wire number to use the reference number?  If I use %S%N for wires and Sheet and number in

the reference setting.  It does not work correctly,  if I don't use rungs in the ladder they willnot match.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are using Sheet and Number style ladders you must enter %S%N for the wire number format in Drawing Properties.  You will also need to be sure that you use %S%N for component tagging and cross-referencing.  You also need to add the %S to the PLC tagging format, which must be done using the PLC Database Editor.  I recommend using the standard Numbers Only ladder style and just add the sheet number as part of the reference number (i.e. 101 means sheet 1 line 01).

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

This is the format I'm trying to accomplish

Message 4 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

Just use the standard 'Numbers Only" ladder type, the first choice under Drawing Properties>Drawing Format>Format Referencing.  For sheet 1 type in the first rung number as 100, for sheet 10 type in 1000, for sheet 100 type in 10000.  Do not exceed 100 rung numbers per drawing.  Use %N for all tagging and cross-referencing.  No changes to the PLC database will be necessary.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thanks for your help.  I have it all working now, I was able to get it to function correctly using %S%N and discovered I

had to make setting changes in the update/retag tool also. So, I don't have to really do anything to much manually.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost