AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing the ICON Menus

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jdenny
407 Views, 3 Replies

Editing the ICON Menus

Hello,

I am creating a bunch of custom ICONS for my new menus and was wondering if there is a setting (DCL or any other file) that I could modify that would allow the ICON itself (.PNG) to be larger, and to allow additional text.

I could have bet I saw this in a DCL somewhere but can't for the life of me find it. Maybe I didn't see it......Any suggesitons.

Attached is a pic.

Thanks in advance

-----------------------------
Jeff Denny
Sr. Engineering Manager
Harris Corporation
Melbourne, Florida
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Nata_ly
in reply to: jdenny

Hi!

Have you tried this already?

If you make custom slides or slide libraries for the menu, copy them to the same subdirectory as the menu file since AutoCAD Electrical looks for menu slides in the active icon menu file's directory.

On the Icon Menu Wizard dialog box, right-click an icon button to edit and select Properties.

1. On the Properties dialog box, specify the image file name and .sld or .png graphic to appear in the icon button. The image name can be manually typed into the edit box. You can browse to an existing .sld or .png file to assign to the icon, use an image file that matches the active drawing name, use an image file that matches a picked block on the drawing, or use an image file with the same name as the block name entered for the block name.

Or you could edit menu file (but make a copy just in case).

I mean, don't make a slide automaticaly.

Message 3 of 4
jdenny
in reply to: Nata_ly

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not really having difficulty creating the custom ICON menu, it's how do I change the settings (presumably in a DCL or LSP file) to allow my actual ICON to be larger. When using a PNG as an ICON, they are maxed out at a certain size. Just need to increase that max size. Would like to also be able to type in more text. (probably if I found one of the settings, the other one would be near by).

Thanks.

-----------------------------
Jeff Denny
Sr. Engineering Manager
Harris Corporation
Melbourne, Florida
Message 4 of 4
Nata_ly
in reply to: jdenny

Yes, I understand your issue. I just hope program doesn't resize manually made icons. Sorry. Smiley Sad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost