AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Machiavelli999
Message 1 of 4 (248 Views)

Editing Attributes

248 Views, 3 Replies
12-24-2012 01:23 AM

I am kind of a n00b so this is probably a n00b type question, but regardless I'll ask it anyway.

When entering data for multiple blocks that are all the same type, is there a more streamlined way to enter this information then to click from block to block and entering information individually.

This would be particularly helpful when doing single line drawings of motor control centers where you have numerous starters feeding numerous motors. I am thinking there has got to be a better way to enter this information than point and clicking on each block and editing it.

Thanks.

Mentor
Nata_ly
Message 2 of 4 (238 Views)

Re: Editing Attributes

12-24-2012 03:14 AM in reply to: Machiavelli999
Hi! You could use "Copy Catalog assignment" (Click Schematic tab --> Edit Components panel --> Edit Components drop-down --> Copy Catalog assignment or enter AECOPYCAT at the command prompt) if this is attribut CAT. Or you could resave your block in the new file, give some attributes default valies and then insert block from this file. I hope this information will help you.
Mentor
vladop
Message 3 of 4 (222 Views)

URe: Editing Attributes

12-24-2012 09:46 AM in reply to: Machiavelli999

You can use Export/Import spreadsheet data.

Follow this link to see how:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/AutoCAD_Electrical/enu/2012/Help/0818-Reports818/0826-Export_I826#refer...

Regards,

Vladimir

Mentor
sonny3g
Message 4 of 4 (116 Views)

Re: URe: Editing Attributes

01-02-2013 07:15 AM in reply to: vladop

You can also select all of the blocks that you want to enter attribute information into.  Then look in the properties dialog box for the attributes and enter the information that is identical for all of the blocks in the respective attributes.

Or, you could right a VBA or VB.NET utility that will allow you to select multiple blocks, select the attribute you want to change, put in the new value and have it change them. 

Both ways would require that the attribute you are changing is to have the same value for all blocks you are changing.

Attached is a VBA utility that will let you change up to three attributes among multiple blocks.  It will only show those attributes that exist in all of the blocks selected.  It will NOT edit xdata.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.