AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edited ENV causes Environment file Button to fail and Reports to fail

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dennis
249 Views, 4 Replies

Edited ENV causes Environment file Button to fail and Reports to fail

I have a WD.ENV file edited to point to the network...and have used it successfully in 2013.  Now, in 2014, it will work as far as setting paths, but the Reports buttons no longer work nor does the Environment file button in Settings work.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dennis
in reply to: dennis

Well...i kept digging and tried the migration util on the edited WD.ENV...and now the buttons work...so answered my own question.

Message 3 of 5
dennis

Further study has me a bit back to where I started the thread.  If I move the WD.ENV file to a network location, I still get the problem with the Settings/Environmet file button not working and neither do the Reports work at all.  Currently I have kept the migrated WD.ENV on the local documents/AcadE 2014/Aedata folder but I would like to move it to a share folder.  Is there any white papers / definative instructions on customizing the setup of AcadE?

Message 4 of 5
dougmcalexander

2014 introduced some new languages and a language folder in the path for such things as the PLC database, catalogs, etc. A WD.env file from a previous version might need some tweaking to accommodate 2014.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 5
dennis
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Thanks Doug, wouldn't it be nice if these kinda things were documented somewhere.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost