AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Ratings on Schematic vs Panel drawings

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jdenny
670 Views, 1 Reply

Edit Ratings on Schematic vs Panel drawings

When editing a component on a schematic drawing, the ratings fields have the "Defaults" button available that will allow you to select your rating from a custom xxxxx.wdr file. When editing a component on a panel drawing, the "Defaults" button is not available. Our designs dictate that we lay out the Racks of equipment first, then the schematics. Choosing a rating without the help of the "Defaults" button is very problematic. Most people do the schematic first, then the pane, I understand that, but we can't. Does anyone have experience with modifying the .lsp routines. Or for that matter, where to find the correct one. I can find the DCL that displays the layouts of the screens, but I can not link them back to specific .lsp's. Seems like you could just copy over the .lsp that controls the "Default" button and that should work. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

-----------------------------
Jeff Denny
Sr. Engineering Manager
Harris Corporation
Melbourne, Florida
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rhesusminus
in reply to: jdenny

I don't think you'll be able to modify the standard dialog to accomplish this.

I would think you'd be better off programming a tool to "select rating for footprint" which reads the appropriate WDR-file into a dialog and inserts it into the appropriate rating-attribute/xdata on a footprint.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost