AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplications

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
dbrblg
415 Views, 8 Replies

Duplications

Hi,

I am trying to solve an issue where ACADE 2012 believes there are duplicate wire numbers in my project.  In all fairness there are duplicate numbers but ACADE should not be treating them as such....

For simplicity, I have an PLC IO card on one page and a remote PLC IO card on another page (this is how it is physically but on the drawing they are the same block generated by the parametric feature).

Each input has a wire attached which has been numbered.  An electrical audit reveals there are duplicate wire numbers - no surprise there.  These are physically two different devices whose output wires are named using the same convention.  These wires are not duplicates.  

I have tried using the 'combined installation/location tag mode' and supressing the tag when it matches the project default but this does not work.

If I edit the component on one page and set the location and installation it then updates the IO on the other page as it considers it a child??!!??!!??  Where does that come from?  they are both separately generated components on different pages - there was absolutely no indication what soever of these two IO being related to each other.

What can I do?  How do I get over this?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dougmcalexander
in reply to: dbrblg

The software will not allow two wires on separate nodes to be assigned the same number.  It is actually doing its job.  Of course you can force the duplication but Electrical Audit will still detect the duplication, as it should.  You can simply ignore the warning.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 9
sonny3g

Are the I/O modules addressed the same way and are you assigning wire numbers based on the PLC address?  Are you copying the I/O module sheet to a new sheet and renumbering the I/O module there?  If you are taging and addressing both modules the same you will not be able to get around this problem. 

If you are copying the module and wires to create another sheet, then you will need to break the link to the original you copied.  Once that link is broken then you can treat the modules seperately and get different wire numbers based on the PLC addressing.

Scott

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 4 of 9
Icemanau
in reply to: sonny3g

This is soomething that I have recommended as a wish list item since the 2008 release.

We build a large number of identical HV CB panels which are then joined together to make a substation board.

I have to turn the duplicate detection off in each session as the components and wires are duplicated in each panel.

The components are tagged using the IEC mode so they don't have a problem with the duplicate tag. The question is why didn't Autodesk make the wire numbers work in a similar manner?

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 5 of 9
dbrblg

Sounds like they are not going to fix it soon...!!

Fairly easy fix, if the location and installation (or rack and slot in the case of a PLC) is considered when making a check for duplicate wire numbers.  I would imagine it is fairly similar in code to the component checks so an update could quickly be rolled out for 2012 and incorporated in future versions.

I guess we'll have to wait for many people to moan and complain about this before is thought about. Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 9
dbrblg

How do you switch off duplicate detection?  Does this apply to electrical audits or only the real time dialog prompt?

Message 7 of 9
Icemanau

Only in the pop up dialog unfortunately.

I use ACADE 2008 and when it pops up with the alert and recomendation, there is a check box saying turn off the detection for that session of ACADE.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 8 of 9
dbrblg

****...Smiley Mad

Was rather hoping there would be a setting called 'ignore legitimate duplicate wire numbers' squirrelled away somewhere!! 

Note to Autodesk; please add this feature Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 9
dougmcalexander

Manually assign the wire numbers you wish to duplicate, setting them to fixed.  Edit the wd.env file (located in the AeData folder) and add these wire numbers to the "SETQ:GBL_wd_wnum_noduplicate_chk" list. 

See attached screen capture for an example.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost