AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate definition of block

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
diegopropex
801 Views, 3 Replies

Duplicate definition of block

I am trying to insert a terminal block from the terminal editor. When I insert it, I get the error message Duplicate definition of block 02800601 and nothing happens. If I type insert, block 02800601 shows up in the drop down menu. If I add it, nothing seems to happen. I am running AutoCAD 2010.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
testsubject
in reply to: diegopropex

Have you tried doing a purge of the blocks on the drawing?

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4
diegopropex
in reply to: testsubject

Yes. That got rid of the bad block. But when I would insert a terminal, it wouldn't do anything. If I insert it again, it would complain about the duplicated definition of the block.

I won't say I've solved this problem, but I found a work around. If I use the template that I've been using, I run into this problem. I added a new drawing to the project, but used a different template. I was able to insert terminals then. Then, I copy and paste them as a block to the panel layout.

Message 4 of 4
johnq
in reply to: diegopropex

This is a hint I was give by some one on this forum.  I have found it to be very useful and I would like to repeate it here as the original wisdom  is burried in one of my trouble some topics.

Close your drawings and autocad electrical.

C:\Users\johnq\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2012\R18.2\enu\Support\User

In the user file delete the <xxx>.mdb  where <xxx> is the job you were working on.

AutoCAD Electrical 2012    This is the folder for the version of ACE you are working on.

This file gets rebuilt when you restart the project.

It sometimes clears up other unusual problems.

Sontimes when a function does not work, that I know I have done corectly, I do something else on the drawing and come back to the erant command.  You need to let the software catch up to the Abackus.

Cheers  jq

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost