AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate BOM Items

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
460 Views, 5 Replies

Duplicate BOM Items

I am having an issue with BOM item quantities being double what they should be. I add the MFG info to the schematic, insert a footprint and associate it with schematic representation. I have a "surfable" link between the schematic and footprint representation. When I run a panel BOM report including schematic, I get a count of 2 instead of 1. This does not happen with all of the items on my BOM, usually half or less. If I delete the catalog info off of the footprint of the items with incorrect quantities the BOM report is correct. Anyone else have this issue and find a solution?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have found that this can be caused by a mismatch between the schematic symbol and the footprint. If one of the symbols has a different value in the function or location fields you will get double qty on the bom. I would check that first.
Dave
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

We have been having the same problem what we found out was if you left the installation and location field blank on a component (left AE to assume the installation and location) then we would get double quantities in our BOM's. We filled in the fields and it was fixed.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

The Key is that the "FUNC(INST), LOC & TAG1, PTAG1
must match between the schematic symbol and panel symbol
if you are running the panel bom report and have checked the Full include schematic components not referenced on panel layout.
If FUNC(INST) & LOC are blank in both symbols you should be okay.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I looked at one of the items in question and the INST was blank on schematic and footprint and the location matched on both and I can surf between the two so the TAG1 and PTAG1 associations are correct, yet it still gave me double quantities. Any other ideas?

Thanks
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

What version are you working with?
Would you be willing to up load the drawing so I could take a look at them?
If you want you could send to goldstdl@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost