AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawings disappearing from project manager

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
772 Views, 7 Replies

Drawings disappearing from project manager

Hi All,

I came intor work this-morning, and all the drawings from my project have disappeared! I have this porject split into 3, becasue of the size, and the other 2 are fine. Has anyone had this happen before, and any idea what might have gone wrong?

Using AE2012.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I never have the same trouble befor, but can suggest smth wrong with your project file. Check it, there is a file list in the end. If not, your files simply aren't shown.

Message 3 of 8
rwydesk500

Are you able to Add Drawings back into the project, by right clicking the project? You most likely have not lost the drawings. They should be in the same folder they were in before they disappeared. Not sure why they disappeared.

Regards,

Rick Yoerger

AutoCAD Electrical 2016
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I checked the .wdp file, and all the files were gone. It almost seems as if someone accidentally removed them all from the project manager. I have a team of 8 people on this project, some new users, so it is possible. No one is owning up though...

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: rwydesk500

Sorry, I guess I didn't make myself clear, the drawing files are all in the folder where they should be, it is just that they were not displaying in the project manager. I actually asked IT to restore the .wdp file from a few days earlier, and then we just added the drawings back to the project manager that we had created since then.

It really isn't a big deal, just that it has never happened before, and just wondered if others had experienced it.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Flyfisher,

If you haven't already tried the 2012 hotfix for the Project manager I would download and install it.

Here is the link for it... (they change these links all the time, so It might not work later)

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21344250&linkID=9240738

I remember having the issue a few times, usually it was a corrupt project file. I had to do a full re-build manually.

1. Remove all drawings from the project
  2. Switch the project to another one 
  3. Switch back to the Now empty project (make it Active)
  4. Re-add the files
  5. Save the files (if /when prompted)
  6. Shut down & restart AutoCAD  (just to verify it reloaded the project properly)

or you can type in the name of the drawings at the bottom of the wdp file using notepad...

(NEVER use MS Word for these edits)

I hope this helps,

James Alger

Message 7 of 8
tang_sai

You may try deleting the LastProj.fil and reload the project.

Message 8 of 8
rhesusminus
in reply to: tang_sai

Please refrain from necro posting. This thread is 4 years old, and also, the reply doesn't even apply to the original problem.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost