AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing List Report .lsp routine

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
patrickb
1363 Views, 13 Replies

Drawing List Report .lsp routine

Hello,

I am looking for some help in writing lsp routine for the drawing list report. We are trying to combine DWGDESC1, DWGDESC2, and DWGDESC3 to on field. I do not have a lot of experience with lsp routines so any help would be greatly appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: patrickb

I have attached a user post with option 2 that should combine the drawing descriptions. You can look at the .lsp file to see how it works and if you might want to change it. For example, it is using a space between the descriptions, maybe you want a comma or something else. Also, if the description is blank it skips it. The descriptions are combined into the DWGDESC1 field so include just that one in the report display.

Included in the zip file is the .dcl updated to change the option label for the 2nd option. Make a backup copy of the existing files first before you unzip these. The default location for these files is C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Acade 2014\en-US\Support for 2014. Change the release year for other releases.

This user post is for AutoCAD Electrical 2014 and earlier. If you are running 2015 let me know as it will need to be put in to a newer user post format.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 14
patrickb
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Thank you for this yes we are using 2015 I should have included this in my privous message.

Thanks,

Patrick

Message 4 of 14
PatMurnen_Adsk

Try the attached file for AutoCAD Electrical 2015. I didn't do much testing so let me know if it has any problems.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 14
patrickb

Thank you for provided me this lsp works great!

Message 6 of 14
PatMurnen_Adsk

Glad that worked.

-Pat

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 14

I am pretty new to .lsp routines and this is exactly what I need but it will not work for me.  I loaded the .lsp routine in location you said and it does appear as Option 2 but will not combine the dwg descriptions.  I am using a .wdt file with the mapping shown.

BLOCK = ELECTRICAL DRAWING TEMPLATE
DWG_NUM = DWGNAM
SHT_NU = SHEET
SHTS = SHEETMAX
DWGDD1 = DD1
DWGDD2 = DD2
DWGDD3 = DD3
TITLE1 = LINE1
PROJECT = LINE2
ENGINEER = LINE3
DRAWNBY = LINE4
CHECKBY = LINE5
`REV`# = LINE6
DATE = LINE7

All the attributes show up in my fields.  I run a new report so there are no .lst files to format it.  Seems that it should be working.  i am also running 2015.  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 8 of 14

Is there any way you could send me a small project to try this on? Include the .wdp, at least one drawing, and the .wdt file. You can send them directly to me at pat.murnen@autodesk.com.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 14
emcpherson

I have Autocad Electrical 2020, and I was wondering if the same lsp and dcl files for 2015 work for 2020? If not, is there a way to recreate those files? Thanks.

Message 10 of 14
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: emcpherson

This post originally was talking about a user post for the drawing list report. The user post files from 2015 will probably not work in 2020 due to a change to the format of the user post .lsp files to support using them in Automatic reports. I would recommend copying\pasting any user post options from the old file into the 2020 version of the same file. Dcl files should be compatible.

If you aren't talking about user post .lsp and .dcl files, can you provide more detail on what you are asking about?

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 14
emcpherson

That was what I was asking about. The user post files. I will try that. Thanks.

Message 12 of 14
Controlls_eng

Why hasn't Autodesk added this to ACAD already?

Message 13 of 14

Pat,

Do you anything setup for a User Post that's functional in ACE 2023 or 2024, thanks

Message 14 of 14

Around 2015 user post files changed format somewhat. So, if you have some that old then the same recommendation I made previously: 

The user post files from 2015 will probably not work in 2020 due to a change to the format of the user post .lsp files to support using them in Automatic reports. I would recommend copying\pasting any user post options from the old file into the 2020 version of the same file. Dcl files should be compatible.

Otherwise, anything later than that should work in recent releases of AutoCAD Electrical.

BTW, I am retiring so will not be on the forum anymore after this. 

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost