AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing List - Failing to pull some information

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
drathak
421 Views, 2 Replies

Drawing List - Failing to pull some information

Ok, so I can get the Drawing List Report to run and have it looking pretty much like I want, but there are a handfull of drawings where the SEC & SUB_SEC aren't populating into the drawing list.  Most of them are, and the ones that are missing are using the same title block as the rest.  I have gone in and done a swap block on those title blocks just to be sure but it didn't help.

Any ideas?  The attributes are populated in the drawing. I've re-run the title block update to make sure that wasn't it.  I think these may be the same drawings I had issues with the Title Block update not changing these values.  (Had to directly edit the attributes.)  Maybe I need to remove the title block, purge then re-do it?

Here's a screen shot of the Dwg. list.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: drathak

Try updating the block first.

Assuming you use the WD_TB attribute method of title block mapping, copy the entry from a working title block and paste it into one that is not working.

Check to see if you have duplicate title blocks inserted. Not likely as you have edited the block manually and not seen a different attribute entry overlapping.

If all that fails, as you suggested, delete the block, purge and re-insert the block.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
drathak
in reply to: Icemanau

If by "updating the block" you mean force it to redefine, that didn't work.  Also, I wasn't able to copy the WD_TB attribute information from one of the working drawings because the string was too long for the editor to accept a paste.  Weird.

Anyway, deleting the title block, purging and re-inserting it works.  No idea why the Swap Block command doesn't.  Perhaps I don't understand it as well as I thought.  Although redefining the block should have worked too.  (INSERT > BLKNAME=)

@Icemanau wrote:

Try updating the block first.

Assuming you use the WD_TB attribute method of title block mapping, copy the entry from a working title block and paste it into one that is not working.

Check to see if you have duplicate title blocks inserted. Not likely as you have edited the block manually and not seen a different attribute entry overlapping.

If all that fails, as you suggested, delete the block, purge and re-insert the block.

Regards Brad

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost