AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing List Data Fields to Display

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
CAD-ICE
1527 Views, 17 Replies

Drawing List Data Fields to Display

Hi there,

I hope somebody can help me back on track with this one.

I´m creating a drawing list report which is supposed to be a relatively simple task but somehow there seems to be a mismatch between the available fields to display and actual attributes in my titleblock?

I have attached a screenshot where available fields are shown but some of these attributes aren´t in my titleblock? I have tried to setup my titleblock (I´m using the project specific wdt file method) but this has no affect!

Thank´s again for your support,

regards, Gary

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
jalger
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Hi Gary,

Do you have a WDA file that might be pushing the Attribute into reports?

It pushes the values into all Reports, including the Drawing List.

I'm not sure what HETI_1, HETI_2, KKS -INST, and KKS-FERLI are.

Did you use them in "Descriptions"?

I Noticed that all of my descriptions were in the Drawing list report (Even though I don't have them flagged as "In reports").

I hope this helps solve the mystery.

(It actually leaves me with more questions... like Why the "In reports" flag is ignored and the data is brought into the drawing list report.)

Regards,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 3 of 18
drathak
in reply to: jalger

Just to throw another data apoint out there, I have no idea what those fields might be either. 

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 4 of 18
jalger
in reply to: drathak

Joe,

I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering what they were... LOL.

For kks-FERLI (I'm guess its for Wire Ferrules?)

Regards,

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 5 of 18
CAD-ICE

Hi James and thank´s for looking into this.

No I don´t think that´s the case that wda file is causing this.As shown on the image I attached in my previous post my titlblock has some of these attributes but the ones that I have highlighted are not in my titleblock. I´m pretty sure that they originate from a previously used titleblock as they are familiar.

Another odd thing I´m observing is that when I run the drawing list report the fields are not reporting in the order I have selected to report?

I´m totally lost here....could this be somehow be caused by a corrupt database or similar?

Any suggestions wery much appreciated. 

Thank´s again for your support.

Regards, Gary

Message 6 of 18
jalger

Hi Gary,

Can you post a sample project and drawing?

I'll try a few things on the files to see if its corrupt, or simply calling in old data.

I won't known until I can test the files.

Regards,

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 7 of 18
CAD-ICE

HI James,
could you send me your e-mail adress because I´m not allowed to forward the project on a public platform.
I have made a zip file with all the dwg´s as well as the wdp, wdt and the wdl files. The project includes approx. 40 dwg´s
Thank´s again for your support.
Regards, Gary
Message 8 of 18
jalger

Hi Gary,

No worries I thought that might be the case.

I sent you a Private Message with my Contact info.

After you send the files I'll take alook at the files and let you know.

I will also Wipe the files from my machine once I'm done testing it 🙂

Regards,

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 9 of 18
jalger

Hi Gary,

It's the Scratch database. The second I opened it on my end it regenerated the the database. 

I did not see HETI_2 or any of the KKS entries, in the Drawing list report.

Try blowing away the Scratch Database in:

C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 20XX\RXX.X\enu\Support\User

It should force it to rebuild the database.

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 10 of 18
CAD-ICE

Hi James,
I have deleted the scratchdatabase restarted the program and regenerated the database again with the same result
Also noted is that when I choose fields to report, the report shows a value in a different field like the mapping from attributes is not in sync!
I hope you have more cards to play :o)
Regards, Gary
Message 11 of 18
jalger

Hi Gary,

Thats quite strange, the file is working on my end.  The Report fields seem to go in the right place, I'm not 100% sure though since its not in english... LOL.

As a test I'm going to send you the Scratch database that was generated on my end (see if replacing yours with mine fixes the issue).

If not, it is possible that the drawings have reminants of old block attributes, when you zipped the files it may have cleaned out the issues.

I guess another thing you could try is to wipe away the database, and the project.

Then restore the project from the zipped folder.

Lets try with my Database first I'll send it to you in a few minutes.

Regards,

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 12 of 18
CAD-ICE

Hi James,
I´ve never had these issues with the drawing list report utility until recently (I´m using ACADE2013). I skipped over 2014 and installed 2015 earlier this week but havent come around finishing the migration from 2013 yet. However I have opened the project in the new version, just to try the new version and see what´s new. I have since continued my work on this project just with minor modifications with the old revision 2013 and was going to update the drawinglist when I noticed this strange behaviour. Just now, I opened the project with 2015 and all seems to be in order?
Is it possible that the install of 2015 or opening of the project in 2015 could have this affect?

I have attached a screenshot (Drawinglistreport-2015.png) of the dialog box from 2015 where you can see that the available fields are according to my titleblock setup. I have also attached another screenshot (DrawinglistreporJalger.png) after trying to generate the report in 2013 with your copy of the scratchdatabase and as you can see I´m still having the same issues. 

So what can I say....seems like I have some issues probably caused after install or opening the project in 2015.

Again, thank you for all your assistance.

Regards, Gary

Message 13 of 18
jalger

Hi Gary,

I Opened it in ACADE 2015, Let me try opening it in 2013 to see if I see the same issue.

I expect I will, Since the database will have 2 extra columns, I imagine it will shift the data.

I'll let you know after I check it.

Regards,

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 14 of 18
jalger

Hmmm,

Ok So it works fine on 2015, 2014, and 2013... on my end. 

The reports do not show the extra fields, and they do not pull in different data.

Can you check to see if you have the latest SP for 2013? (My ACADE 2013 is at SP2)

Still doesn't explain why you are seeing data thats not in the database I sent you.

Check your WDT and let me know if you see the old entires in there.

The version you sent me shows nothing extra maybe you did a copy Project and it cleaned out the extra entries?

Regards,

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 15 of 18
PatMurnen_Adsk

It is possible you have an obsolete\mismatched .set file for the report. Go to your user folder (for example C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2015\R20.0\enu\Support\User) and delete the file dwglst.set. This file is used to save the fields to include, the field order, field labels. If your title block changed since this was created it is obsolete. After you delete the file, run the report and go into the Change Report Format and a new dwglst.set is created automatically so next time you run the report it remembers your settings.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 18
jalger
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Hi Pat,

I didn't even think of that, but that makes sense.

It would recreate that file on my side (or use my default one).

Lets see if that fixes Gary's Issue.

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 17 of 18
CAD-ICE
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

Dear Pat,

that did it! By deleting the dwglst.set file and afterwards running the drawing list report utility all is back to normal Smiley Wink

I´m not aware of that the my titleblock has changed but this workaround got me back on track.

Thank you wery much once again.

Regards, Gary

Message 18 of 18
PatMurnen_Adsk

Gary,

I am glad that fixed it. One other reason a .set file might be obsolete\mismatched is if Autodesk changes the report from one release to another by adding new fields. New fields can bump the fields from your title block down. So I would always recommend creating new .set files when you upgrade especially for the Drawing List Report.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost