AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Database Updates

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
435 Views, 2 Replies

Drawing Database Updates

What is the recommended way of updating an active drawing using an update to the database? Specifically I wish to make changes to the TERMDESC attributes on my drawing. I cannot find a TERMDESC column on the to Export Spreadsheet in the Export/Import Ribbon. Within the .mdb this is in the COMPPINS:Table, but I'm not having much luck getting the drawing to change after I make changes to the .mdb and then Importing From Spreadsheet or Import From Project Database. Can this be done with the drawing open, or does it have to be closed for the changes to be made? Perhaps I'm afoul of the scratch database. I'm in ACE 2012. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

You should be able to do this via Import/export Data -> Import -> From Project MDB.

Did a quick test, and it worked as expected.

Make sure you make a COPY of the project database, and edit/import this copy.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

Got it!

I had completely and utterly missed the drawing index in the COMPPINS table. I kept making the change in the wrong drawing index (1) and was increasingly frustrated when I didn't see it on my intended drawing (4).

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost