AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Audit issue.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sonny3g
459 Views, 6 Replies

Drawing Audit issue.

Has anyone run into an issue with the Electrical Drawing Audit arbitrarialy moving wire numbers to other segments?  Below is a before screen capture.

BEFORE.PNG

And this is the after image.

AFTER.PNG

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dougmcalexander
in reply to: sonny3g

If the wire numbers were ever moved with plain AutoCAD move they were actually no longer associated with their original wire. Drawing Audit attempts to return these "orphaned" wire numbers to their original wire segment. Just one possibility that I thought about.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 7
sonny3g
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Nope, I completely re-created the wire networks and got the same issue.  The only thing I can think of is that the wire numbers are the same as in other wire ducts in this project.

To get around the problem so I could run the Active Drawing Audit, I had to open a new project called TEST-Junk, add the drawing, then run drawing audit on it in that project.  Then it cleaned up the drawing without moving the fixed wire numbers from the wire line segments I had placed them.

So far, this has only happend in one drawing. 

Scott G. Sawdy
Message 4 of 7
dougmcalexander
in reply to: sonny3g

Obviously you had already tried deleting the project scratch database, right? When you get a head scratcher like that the first thing to do is exit AutoCAD Electrical and delete the project scratch database. Then restart AutoCAD Electrical. Sometimes a bit gets scrambled in the database.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 5 of 7
drathak

@dougmcalexander wrote:
When you get a head scratcher like that the first thing to do is exit AutoCAD Electrical and delete the project scratch database. Then restart AutoCAD Electrical. Sometimes a bit gets scrambled in the database.

What does this do that AEREBUILDDB doesn't?  Just curious.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 6 of 7
dougmcalexander
in reply to: drathak

Deleting the project scratch database forces AutoCAD Electrical to recreate a fresh new project scratch database.  Rebuild/Freshen only forces the software to read the drawings again and update.  That won't usually repair a corrupt database.  

I run Rebuild/Freshen right after I have made some edits and I am going to immediately extract data, like for a report or for exporting to spreadsheet. Saving the drawings is supposed to write to the database but I have had situations where the database had not caught up to the drawings yet.  So to be sure, I run Rebuild/Freshen.  And I always choose Full Rebuild.

Doug McAlexander

Message 7 of 7
sonny3g

I did indeed delete the scratch database, rebuilt the database and finally solved the problem by pulling each malfunctioning drawing (I had six total) into my TEST-JUNK project one at a time.  Then while in the test project I was able to run the drawing audit without mishap.

Just to make sure it was all okay, I removed the drawing from the test project, reopened the actual project and ran drawing audit on the same drawing.  It ran without mishap.  Obviously something got messed up in each of these 6 drawings that I was able to "fix" by auditing them one at a time in a blank project.

Scott G. Sawdy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost