AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPDT Relay and PLC AB Micro 850

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
biocold2
1240 Views, 1 Reply

DPDT Relay and PLC AB Micro 850

Hi, I'm a new ACE user. Looking at the component list and don't see "simple" components like DPDT (or #PDT) relays (with coil) icons as well as other basic components. How do others represent this since I thought it would be one of the basic library components?

Also, working with AB PLC under the Micro 850 series. The parts list cite the 830 series. The attributes from one to the next can be copied when I create a new component. How do I break the component to show just the number of pins that I may be using, which differs from project to project?

Any guidance or help is greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Icemanau
in reply to: biocold2

ACADE allows you to build up different relays using discrete symbol blocks.

For example, a DPDT relay would consist of 1 coil block (parent) and 2 changover contact blocks (child).

A 4PDT relay would be shown using the same coil but 4 contact blocks.

You can also just use the required contact (NO or NC) instead of the changeover.

ACADE allows you to specify the number and type of contacts for a relay as well as the pin list. This means that when you insert a coil and select the correct part from the catalog, ACADE will insert the coil pin numbers onto the block and then when you  associate the contacts, their pin numbers will also be inserted. ACADE will also throw up a message if you try to add to many contacts to a specific coil.

The advantages of this method are many, and here are some of them.

1. you can locate the contacts remote from the coil in the schematic.

2. it cuts down on the number of blocks required as you can build up some very complex circuits using a low number of different blocks.

3. You can use different coil types while using the same contacts.

4. No need to keep a manual list of relays and pins to look up information.

5. Less chance of having to many contacts for a relay.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost