AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have example schematics?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
huyvu90
7003 Views, 4 Replies

Does anyone have example schematics?

I'm wondering if anyone has some examples of actual production schematics that they can give out.  Specifcally speaking, I'm looking for industrial control schematics.

I know  Autocad electrical has some demo schematics but I'm looking for more.

I am an entry level engineer and I'm trying to learn.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: huyvu90

Most schematics will be of proprietary nature and cannot be divulged publicly.  That's why Autodesk included their demo projects, though admittedly they are very old and dated.  If you get your hands on a copy of NFPA-79 (can be downloaded from the Web) there are examples of ladder diagram style schematics included.  Their examples show the tagging format as %N%F (i.e. 105CR for a relay) but the majority of companies I have visited use %F%N (i.e. CR105 for a relay).  This is the default tagging format that AutoCAD Electrical's demo project is configured for as well.  This method makes it easier to sort component lists by family type.  I use this sort when I layout out a panel.  I can find all relays listed together, fuses listed together, etc.  Either tagging format is acceptable, but %F%N is my preference for ladder diagrams.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 5
metal_pro2

Here is a sample of a project with electrical schematics. I hope it helps.

Message 4 of 5
metal_pro2
in reply to: metal_pro2

had to split the project into two files so here is second half

Message 5 of 5
algerj

Hi Huyvu,

I have a set that I created based off of a cell that I built when I was a Control Systems Integrator, for obvious reason it is not exactly the same, and I cannot disclose which company that the original cell belongs too.

That said, this set is based on a cell that picked up a part processed it, and ran a check on the part and sorted it as good or bad. (hopefully more good parts than bad parts otherwise they would have stuck with some dude checking the parts!)

Anyway enjoy it, its not perfect, but it should give you an idea.

Regards,

James Alger

SolidCAD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost