AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

distrabution block

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mikegoutier
315 Views, 3 Replies

distrabution block

(electrical 2010) (not a cad pro)

I am trying to use a distrabution block that is going to feed multiple switches and other components on multiple pages. I dont want to use to and from reference arrows. I would like to show the distrabution block numerious times using the same tag name but still have all connections made and a bill of materials work.

Is this possible? I was toying with the concept of using parent and sibling relationships, but couldnt figure it out.

any help would be great.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mikegoutier
in reply to: mikegoutier

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?

Message 3 of 4

Insert regular terminal symbols but only assign the part number to the first symbol.  I've been doing it that way since 1997. Do not insert the strip using Terminal Strip Editor. Create a link in the footprint lookup database that points to the distribution block footprint. Or just insert the footprint and manually assign the strip I'D. 

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 4

that makes perfect sense thank you sir, i wish i thought of that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost