AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dip Switches

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rday
2166 Views, 7 Replies

Dip Switches

I have a block of a servo drive that contains a bank of 10 dip switches. When this block is inserted I would like it to prompt for the position (0 -1) of these and then display them on the block. Is this possible? Has anyone done this?

Thanks in advance,

Robert
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: rday

This would be a really useful thing... One suggestion someone had was to create 2 blocks and use the no/nc swap tool to set 1 or 0. Then you'd just gang the single switch enough times to make the switch you need. "rday" wrote in message news:19225768.1087570332696.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have a block of a servo drive that contains a bank of 10 dip switches. When this block is inserted I would like it to prompt for the position (0 -1) of these and then display them on the block. Is this possible? Has anyone done this? > > Thanks in advance, > > Robert
Message 3 of 8
rstein

rday, can you elaborate a little more on how you want to see this. will the geometry (dipswitch representation) be changing, or are you talking just text changing value. Let me know I might have an idea for you
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Rday, Well I have a couple Ideas LISP, Attribute Text using X's and O's (Example; JP5:Attribute), and nesting blocks. John had a pretty good Idea but it all depends on how many dip switches you have. One other suggestion you want to consider is making the Dip Switch itself a separate block with different variations. Then you could and it the base block with refedit after inserting it into the drawing. I don't know of any real intuitive way to do this besides lisp to this. Joshua Verdin Applications Engineer MasterGraphics, Inc. "rday" wrote in message news:19225768.1087570332696.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have a block of a servo drive that contains a bank of 10 dip switches. When this block is inserted I would like it to prompt for the position (0 -1) of these and then display them on the block. Is this possible? Has anyone done this? > > Thanks in advance, > > Robert
Message 5 of 8
rday

Thanks for the replies.

RobStein:
I would like to see the geometry of the switch change for on/off but text would work if all else fails.

Joshua Verdin:
I am afraid I lack the LISP programming skills needed but I am willing to try if some one is interested in helping.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Here's a cute approach. Two DIP switch symbols, hdp11_dip.dwg and hdp12_dip.dwg, that will toggle back and forth using the AcadE "Toggle NO/NC" command. Put both symbols into your symbol library folder or somewhere in the Acad path so that the "Toggle NO/NC" will find them. "rday" wrote in message news:24337319.1087856395411.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thanks for the replies. > > I would like to see the switch change graphically for on/off but text would work if all else fails. > > I am afraid I lack the LISP programming skills needed but I am willing to try if some one is interested in helping.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I still think John's & Nate's appoarch is the best, just thought I would through some other Ideas out there. Joshua "rday" wrote in message news:24337319.1087856395411.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thanks for the replies. > > I would like to see the switch change graphically for on/off but text would work if all else fails. > > I am afraid I lack the LISP programming skills needed but I am willing to try if some one is interested in helping.
Message 8 of 8
rday

Hey Nate,

Thats great!
This may work out just like I wanted.
Thanks to all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost