AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DeviceNet and Network Layouts

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
375 Views, 5 Replies

DeviceNet and Network Layouts

I'd like to make drawings with DeviceNet layouts in them.  Is there anything out there that will allow me to use smart blocks, smart tees, etc so that way when I'm done I have a BOM and report for everything used. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
testsubject
in reply to: Anonymous

ACE would not have ay problem doing that. Yo would have to create all the symbols that you would need because they do not exist yet, but it is definitely possible.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Okay thanks.  I was thinking of having a DeviceNet layer and then having a special linetype for devicenet cables corresponding to this layer.  Would there be anyway to have it automatically insert a deviceNet Tee wherever there would normally be a dot if we were using wires?

Message 4 of 6
testsubject

If you want to be able to count the number of tees that you have and have them appear on your BOM, just make a special component for them and insert them just like any other part.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Okay, there is no way for it to automatically insert it?  I was thinking something similiar to how MEP works with pipes.  

Message 6 of 6
testsubject

Not that I am aware of. Maybe one of the others can chime in...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost