AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Descriptions for titleblock update

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sparky_mike
563 Views, 6 Replies

Descriptions for titleblock update

Can someone please help me with finding out why my descriptions (Titleblock attribute names) are not showing when I try to update the descriptions?

It is only showing line 1, line 2, etc., rather than title 1, title 2, or whatever the attribute name is.

I mapped them into the .wdt file, and they did work at some point, but no mas.

I have included a drawing with the titleblock I am speaking of, as well as the .wdp, and .wdl

Thanks,

sparky

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pqphillips
in reply to: sparky_mike

Basically, you need to put the required information into a file called default_wdtitle.wdl

To do this, you need to know the exact order in which the attributes are listed when you edit the titleblock. This is easy to find by using the DDEDIT command and clicking on the titleblock.

In this case, you would open up Notepad and type in "LineX=<whatever you want to call it>":

For example:

LINE1=Title 1
LINE2=Title 2
LINE3=Drawing Title 1
LINE4=Drawing Title 2
LINE5=Drawing Title 3
LINE6=Drawing File Name
LINE7=Drawing Set Revision No.
LINE8=Scale
LINE9=Location in Section
LINE10=Township & Range

etc

Once you have finished, save the file as default_wdtitle.wdl and put it in the same folder as the .wdp file.

It is very important that you follow this format all the way down.

NOTE: You have to put this file into the same directory as the .wdp file every time you create a new project file.

Good luck!

EDIT: In your specific case, try changing the name Hideaway.wdl to Hideaway_wdtitle.wdl

If that doesn't work, change it to default_wdtitle.wdl

Message 3 of 7
sparky_mike
in reply to: pqphillips

Hey pq,

Thanks for the response. I followed the steps, and am still having trouble. Here are the files, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Mike Laterrade
Electrical Designer
[cid:image001.png@01CF338D.4CEE1370]
Applied Control Technology
12400 Coit Road, Suite 700
Dallas, TX 75251
214-276-8938 (office)
972-391-3428 (cell)
214-276-8931 (fax)

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or storage of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.
Message 4 of 7
rhesusminus

Where are the files? ZIP them together if you can.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 7
pqphillips

Well, you have to name the file either

<project>_wdtitle.wdl (<project> being whatever the project file name is)

or 

default_wdtitle.wdl

Also, this file HAS to be in the same folder as the Hideaway.wdt file in order for it work.

Either version will work for the project.

I personally prefer using default_wdtitle.wdl because I don't have to rename that file with every project. It's a default, and it should work with every project that uses the same titleblock.

Message 6 of 7
rhesusminus

Also, you may have to turn off "hide extension for known file types" in Windows Explorer. The file MIGHT have  TXT extension...

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 7 of 7
pqphillips
in reply to: rhesusminus

@rhesusminus wrote:

Also, you may have to turn off "hide extension for known file types" in Windows Explorer. The file MIGHT have  TXT extension...

I thought of that... however, the files in the zip file he attached in the first post have the right extension.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost