AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

description for cable marker

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
azlin
350 Views, 3 Replies

description for cable marker

Is it any way to make relationship between "cable marker" and description?
The reason is in the "schematic report cable from to"; I want to add a new column for "cable function", and this text also appear on top of dwg,
For example cable number HT0122:20 will use for "intertrip from LV", cable number HT0122:19 will use for "CB SF6 gas stage 2".
This way will make the text appear in the top of dwg will exactly same in the "schematic report cable from to".
please refer to my attachment.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cawaugh
in reply to: azlin

One way is to just use the "pick" in the edit dialog to populate the markers description text or the column header with the text, if you have attributes for the markers for descriptions. Some people do, some don't. You could also make the descriptions at the top of the columns a child component. Leave the family code default blank or the same as the marker and the description then will follow the markers description. You wouldn't need the extra column labeled "cable function" as it is in the description of the cable. This all depends on if the column descriptions are attributes or plain text. Does this help?
Message 3 of 4
azlin

thank you for your reply,
I had create new child for the description, its work,
it will carry all the description in cable marker.

However during relationship parent& sibling the "wire colour/id" will be captured as used. that mean actually you are using 3 number of cable but the computer counting that 6 cable had used.
please look at my atttachment (wire color/ID)
Message 4 of 4
cawaugh

Unfortunately, the children will follow the parent's description thus not allowing you to have different header descriptions. If each cable marker is a parent, then this will work, but if you have one parent and many children that need to be matched up to the column header, then it won't. I don't recall if there is a description override for child components but maybe someone from the Acade development group can respond with a solution or add this to the wish list.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost