AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete parent will delete childrent

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
anhnv.lsis
541 Views, 2 Replies

Delete parent will delete childrent

I have some questions when i use cad Electrical 2011.
I want to delete parent component, then all the children of parent component will be deleted.
When i edit drawing, i often delete parent component, but childrens component doesn't delete.

So my drawing have children component but have not parent component.

Can you help me in this case?

Spoiler
Woman Sad
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: anhnv.lsis

When you delete a parent component, AcadE will ask you if you want to use the surfer to search for child components.

Click OK 

2014-12-16_11-19-56.png

This will give you a window with all child (and other related) components. Just double click on one of the lines, and AcadE will open the correct sheet and zom in on the component. If you want to delete it, just press the Delete button. Double click the next line, and so on.

2014-12-16_11-21-18.png

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
drathak
in reply to: anhnv.lsis

Also, you need to make sure you ONLY delete using the ACADE commands.  Using the base AutoCAD "Erase" command will introduce that sort of problem since it doesn't trigger the surf to children for deletion.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost